Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just being to the local spares shop and the council are looking to organise a car show for 13-14th September

Would any one care to attend and organise a stand??

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Can you tell us a bit more - what sort of car show are they thinking about?
By which I mean, do they have a venue? Is it older cars, specific makes, static stand, a drive - what sort of "stand" would be expected?

Don't get me wrong I am quite excited by this but just need more detail.

C

·
0 Posts
I'll be showing my car at a local show in aid of St Nicholas hospice the weekend after, so thats me out.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right then

It's a classic and vintage show (sure the alfa fall in to both)
Free to enter and display at, the show will be on the embankment in Peterborough

I have requested a slot for ten cars for the Sunday.
If we can't get ten I will bring my pinafarina styled car along aswell to make the numbers.

S

·
0 Posts
I shall come and make up numbers if it goes ahead.

It'll give me a reason to clean it too!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Possibly - although I usually make a point of not parking in public in the middle of the 'Boro! I'll have a word with my nieghbour as well and see if his Spider's free. Is Jason still about with his loony 145?

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
There are pics from last year, which was a great day and enjoyed by all who parked up outside the Town Hall.

I was contacted by the guy that organises it again this year but as I've 'quit' AO I didn't organise anything for this year.

It's an annual Italian Festival, if anyone wants contact details leave me a message on this thread, be happy to oblige. JF

S

·
0 Posts
It was today wasn't it?

Edit: yep, sat and sun 21 and 22 Sept.

Missed again.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, this s on again this year,

is any one interested in attending?
if so ill see if i can arrange a club area for the sunday

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. I want in 2012 we got to park up outside town hall as Jillyflower said was a really nice enjoyably day . I would up for it this year if you can arrange a spot.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is not been held as part if the Italian festival
This is a seperate event to be held on the embankment, where they do the big events

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i now have the entry forms for ths event, if any onw wishes to attend then lease contact me and i will email the details over to you

S

·
0 Posts
Just back. Very good event. Lots of cars and bike, commercials, military, old and new, modded and standard. Ex police vehicles, very pleasant. Plenty of trade stands, food games and funfair rides.

Went in my own for a quick gecko today. Of it is on again next year, it'll be a while family job.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It wasn't a patch on the quality or quantity of cars they getaway the Baston or maxey shows.

Didn't spot any alfa on show, may be we can change that next year arcs few of these shows

1 - 20 of 21 Posts