Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing like wearing a new pair of shoes home from the shop and today was no exception – just got new rubber on all four corners of the GTA and what a difference its made to driving in the snow (where I live, our street is still fairly treacherous).

After reading reviews on here:
Tyre reviews, tests and ratings at tyre reviews - the online tyre guide

... I went for 2 pairs of Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

Spec on my car is 225/45 R17 Y and although this is a 'premium tyre', I bought them from Blackcircles:
UK Tyres Online: Cheap Car tyres | Blackcircles.com

... for a wholly reasonable £96/ each (inc VAT, valve and fitting)

"Good tyres these. Very sticky. Very sticky indeed" was how the fitter described them.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
... just got new rubber on all four corners of the GTA...
And as a result, the tyres which came off the rear are for sale. They're in good nick (see pic) with a good 6mm of tread left on them – Pirelli PZero Rosso. Yours for 100 quid the pair (otherwise they're gonna get slaughtered on my next track day!)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll have them off you if they are in good general nick
There absolutely fine – easily 5-10k left in em (depending on the severity of ones driving of course). I nearly didn't bother replacing them and the new rubber on the rears was quite extravagant I guess, but I wanted the Goodyears all round really.

Notice your location is Central London so if you wanna PM me we could arrange to meet in town (my office is near London Bridge and could easily bring them into work one day for you to pick up).

·
Registered
371 Posts
my office is in Chiswick by Hogarth roundabout. Which route do you take to your office? you may drive past me anyway.

edit - i'm in no massive rush btw. cheers

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in no massive rush BTW
Good, cos I'm only just getting round to replying!

If you'd still like them, I still have them - unused from April (100 quid the pair)

I'd gladly drop them off at your place - just let me know...

·
Registered
371 Posts
oh, totality forgot about this!

I'll definitely still have them off you. I was in fact looking to buy some soon. I've now change jobs though and I work near the city. (5 mins to St Paul's) I don't drive in any more so might have to think of a new way to arrange collection.

where in Hampshire do you live? my parents live in Southampton. I'm down their fairly often.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll definitely still have them off you.
Great :thumbs:

I've now change jobs though and I work near the city. (5 mins to St Paul's)
I work 5 mins from Tower Bridge...

I don't drive in any more so might have to think of a new way to arrange collection. Where in Hampshire do you live? My parents live in Southampton. I'm down their fairly often.
I live in Alton; I can be in Southampton in less than an hour - do you wanna arrange a time to meet? Alternatively, if you're passing on your way down, you're welcome to pop in and pick up the tyres.

Lemmie know :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts