Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 19" BBS CH on the GTA today!! So heres a couple of early pics!! Big thanks to Bacon on here, Autolusso (not sure who I spoke to there but cheers) and Mark at Tyre Safety Centre Cookstown for his help and a really great price!! Let me know what you think of the black guys

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I like alot but not sure if the white trim, when I get my pro race refurbed I was gonna redo the red trim or maybe try yellow but will see. Otherwise great rims, how does she handle on 19s, my pro race are 18s and they were perfect ride.

·
Registered
301 Posts
:thumbs: not normally a lover of black wheels , but in this case black sets off the red to a tee, ...its a fashion thing so her indoors says ;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like alot but not sure if the white trim, when I get my pro race refurbed I was gonna redo the red trim or maybe try yellow but will see. Otherwise great rims, how does she handle on 19s, my pro race are 18s and they were perfect ride.
It's a wee stainless lip. Tbh wen I was 1st wantin them I wanted all black but like the steel lip as it sorta highlights the other wee chrome bits n bobs

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Personally I don't get the fascination with fitting bigger wheels. 17's look just right, and cheaper tyres. These look too big in my opinion, but I know I'm in the minority...?.....

·
Registered
777 Posts
I like the wheels, not mad about the black though. That said, it does look pretty mean. :cool:
Wot no boot spoiler?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boot spoiler was so far gone it was white!! Got her booked in for end of July for pretty much full respray so that will b sorted!! Gonna get some shocks n springs at some point but funds startin to run a tad low!! Ayat the rides not too bad,bit more tramlining - wud shocks n springs sort this?? Sorry can't get the multiquote job to work!!!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Ah now lads, one step at a time.
Great wheels, fair play to you!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Personally I don't get the fascination with fitting bigger wheels. 17's look just right, and cheaper tyres. These look too big in my opinion, but I know I'm in the minority...?.....
I have to agree, plus i think if i had larger wheels and less rubber on the sidewalls i would have very square looking wheels very quickly considering the roads i drive down :).
Having said that i do really like the look of these particular wheels on the car :thumbs:

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
I was expecting this to look awesome as they are the same as Bacons GTA, but I feel the black BBS alloys don't work as well as his silver alloys. Maybe lowered would make it improve the look?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Black wheels look smaller and the coloured lip in my experience makes them look smaller. Still look nice thou but silver would have had more visual impact.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I always wanted the BBS CH n wen I seem bacons knew it was the right wheel for the car. Granted,black is not for everybody but wanted somethin different n the more I look at them the more I bloody love them!! O n lowering wil b done,paint shop 1st tho...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Lowering will make a huge difference, if u can put some eibach arbs on it will significantly improve the handling.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
This topic had been discussed loads and even thou many would disagree I would not say defo not get Koni fsds and eibachs even thou both mine have them on lol. If you want a damper and spring combo which are not adjustable i would say the bilstein combo from autolusso would be a good kit which most people have endorsed they have them fitted. If you want to go all out, then fully adjustable coilovers like kw v3s would be awesome but are expensive, if your not going to use it to its full potential then again not worth it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts