Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right i've managed to finally source a set of Tan leather seats for my 156.

I think i've researched this throughly but just in case are the statements below correct?

1. Seats taken from 04 vehicle will fit 01 model:

2. Old seats are not heated, new ones are, should work if connected properly:

3. 04 Door cards may/are a different colour to dash of 01:

4. Air bags will not explode or warning lights come on so long as i leave the battery disconnected for 30mins beforehand:

5. Expect time to take anywhere between 2-7 hours!!!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
statement one??

as long as they didnt change the plug type for the airbags like they did on the stilo of the same age, then they shall be ok:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
the door cards are a different material. but you may be able to take out the tan insurt and swap them over. i know they can be removed as i have seen a car with carbon fibre weave instead of leather fitted.
Not sure the leather seats can be retro fitted but could be wrong. (interested to find out)
The seats will defo fit. and as long as your old seats had side airbags there should be no probs with the airbag plug.
And yeah leave the battery disconected for a minimum of half an hour and you should be ok.
Very unlikely that the airbags will fire. disconect the airbag ecu before hand if you are worried about it. (under the gear stick with yellow cables coming out of it) i have changed the ecu on a couple of 156's and just disconected the battery and got on with it and had no nasty accidents.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Switches in the door cards for the electric windows have a different plug on them but old switches should fit!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Switches in the door cards for the electric windows have a different plug on them but old switches should fit!
Good point. the illumination is different as well. the switches post 2002 are red and the switches pre 2002 are green.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
sure my mums 2001 is orange same as the dials, not red like mine but orange:thumbs:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers chaps,

got the seats, in fairly good nic, bit of a clean needed.

Door cards are slightly different from the dash, need to decide how much it will get on my nerves before fitting so changing the inserts as Crespo suggested might be on the cards.

Only problem is they came with no rear headrests.....thought all seats came with rear headrests?!?!?

think i'm gonna find it difficult to get hold of just rear headrests

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Cheers chaps,

got the seats, in fairly good nic, bit of a clean needed.

Door cards are slightly different from the dash, need to decide how much it will get on my nerves before fitting so changing the inserts as Crespo suggested might be on the cards.

Only problem is they came with no rear headrests.....thought all seats came with rear headrests?!?!?

think i'm gonna find it difficult to get hold of just rear headrests
i have the rear centre headrest going spare if thats any good to you, i have just swapped my black leather for a full tan and for some reason my car doesnt have a centre one but the donor car i took it from does :confused:

send a pm my way if you will be wanting it :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts