Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36,801 Posts
It has been on here before !
But not with the new badge yet.
A great cost-save for Alfa by deleting the chrome bits....

·
Registered
38,687 Posts
Personally I prefer the original, but it does look ok.

If the holes in the mesh were smaller it would look better.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
That's not the new front bumper. All will become clear a week on Wednesday.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not the new front bumper. All will become clear a week on Wednesday.
I agree. It looks like someone has got their hands on a new scudetto and fitted it to the old bumper. I wonder why they didn't mount the new(readily available) badge to complete the deception?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Someone has taken the development mule that was photographed and tidied it up to show more clearly what it should look like...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another picture with the new badge and headlights with carbon look and Alfa Romeo script. Somebody in Cassino appears to have been naughty, judging by the missing bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I'm more interested in whether they sharpen up the QV, whatever name it will carry now. Has to be Ti in my book. Veloce has been used here for the 1.4MA so that would create confusion.

·
Registered
38,687 Posts
I am really not a fan of that coarse mesh.

It reminds me of that cheap plastic fence stuff you can buy, or even black chicken wire.

·
Registered
36,801 Posts
It IS cheaper without the bright horizontal finishers!
And it's a pretty open mesh to get enough air through with the change from the gappy bar design.
The carbon finish in the lamps replacing the ultra-fine ribs was probably needed for a re-grain of the mould after 6 years. Looks interesting. Another cost save if it coincides with no chrome on the part.

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
It IS cheaper without the bright horizontal finishers!
And it's a pretty open mesh to get enough air through with the change from the gappy bar design.
The carbon finish in the lamps replacing the ultra-fine ribs was probably needed for a re-grain of the mould after 6 years. Looks interesting. Another cost save if it coincides with no chrome on the part.
Dare I say this looks a bit almost 'made in my shed?': it looks like an original grill with the bars removed & a new badge and backing mesh & the headlights could have been taken apart and had a carbon wrap. But hey what do I know!

·
Registered
554 Posts
There is a photo (which looks authentic) on Google images of the new look front end - showing this grill inset and some angled in headlights to bring it more in line with the Giulia look. The interior will now sport a piano key black dash cover which I understand is to be common across all models. The name creation is changing too, no more progression , exclusive, QV Line etc base will be i believe to be Junior and then Veloce with various packs being added to bring the spec up and QV to be only on the very top spec model only as a stand alone .

·
Registered
36,801 Posts
There is a photo (which looks authentic) on Google images of the new look front end - showing this grill inset and some angled in headlights to bring it more in line with the Giulia look. The interior will now sport a piano key black dash cover which I understand is to be common across all models. The name creation is changing too, no more progression , exclusive, QV Line etc base will be i believe to be Junior and then Veloce with various packs being added to bring the spec up and QV to be only on the very top spec model only as a stand alone .
Do you mean piano black finish or a return to the original type 8C rocker switches ?

The new bumper has been on-Line for a while and both that an new lights probably aren't in the budget?

·
Registered
554 Posts
no from what was said its the dash fascia cover panel and the little one to the side of the steering wheel which will be a shiny piano black to match up with the U Connect bezel. To give a look similar to that of the Giulia

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dare I say this looks a bit almost 'made in my shed?': it looks like an original grill with the bars removed & a new badge and backing mesh & the headlights could have been taken apart and had a carbon wrap. But hey what do I know!
I really hope you are right!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I thought there would be no QV?

I would love to see a much sharper QV with 270-280bhp though. The G has all the ingredients to make a far better car than Alfa sell stock.

·
Registered
36,801 Posts
The website describes the Collezione as the flagship of the range. They need to be more consistent with the structure of the models.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts