Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
To be frank - I really hope this happens... I'm tired of the mess FIAT is making of this brand.... and then we won't have to wait 10 years for new models!
I don't think Lamborghini or Ducati have lost any of their Italian-ness since Audi have owned them and if nothing else, the quality has simply gotten better...

And having Guigiaro (responsible for a lot of the best looking Alfas over the years) as the in-house design studio can't hurt either.

Audi rumored to buy Alfa Romeo, officials deny it

Marchionne's top priority is only buying the rest of Chrysler now anyway.
I also hope this happens. FIAT has been slowly choking Alfa Romeo to death, just like Lancia. At least under VAG ownership Lamborghini has been doing better than ever. At least there will be hope again.

·
Registered
344 Posts
No ones Audi makes powerful engines. But if Audi takes over, keep the engines where they belong...in Audis!
If they do what Tata has done after taking control of Landrover and Jag, then its fine . Tata has allowed autonomy to Jag and Landrover, and these brands continue to churn out superb products.
I don't want my spunky Italian feeling like a Teuton.
Anyway,I am getting my knickers in a knot for nothing. My gut feel...this is all hearsay...and Ferrari going to take ALFA forward. I think ALFA going to surprise in the future...in a positive way.
Remove the heart of an ALFA...its engine...and then you've killed it.
Alfa Romeos haven't had Alfa engines for a long time now. As it is now, we do not have blue blood Alfa Romeos, except the classic ones. VAG have done good things for Lamborghini, Bentley and Bugatti. I have a lot more faith in Audi than FIAT for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.