Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking my rubber induction hose, the one with the bend that goes into the throttle body / MAF, has had it and I want a new one as I'm planning on a BMC CDA installation.
But for the life of me I can't find any online sellers that has one, and I refuse to go to the main stealers.

So,
1. does anyone know where to get a new one?
2. do I need it? I think I've seen installation doing without that part, but then, what to do with the line(s?) connecting to it? I think the return exhaust connects to this hose?

A

·
0 Posts
Do it yourself with silicon tubes

I did works great

Cost around £70 still much cheaper than main dealer were

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like a job well done Andyroo!!

Where did you buy from and is that any specific brand? 3"?
For the exhaust vent, did you just use a T-piece?
I see the Samco hoses are pretty pricey...and blue.:p
I'd go for red hoses if I could find them online!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
That looks to be exactly what I'm after!:)

Last question though, is the correct diameter 3" (not sure if it's inner or outer...)

A

·
0 Posts
Thanks!
That looks to be exactly what I'm after!:)

Last question though, is the correct diameter 3" (not sure if it's inner or outer...)
Just copied this from my order if its any use. Pipes need cutting to fit

1 x Metal Hose Joiner 25mm 1"
1 x Silicone Straight Reducer Hose 25mm > 16mm
1 x Silicone Elbow 90 Degree Hose 80mm 3 1/8" ID
1 x Silicone T Piece Hose 76mm 3" ID
2 x Alloy Hose Joiner 76mm 3" OD Polished
1 x Silicone Elbow 90 Degree Hose 76mm 3" ID

N

·
0 Posts
Andyroo, how flexible is the elbow that joins to the throttle body. I'm just going to swap that part (my Alfa OE bellow is near as damn it split), so want to know if I need a hump hose to allow engine flex.

Plus... help.... blue, red or black????

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Seems I need some more help to install my new CDA and silicon hoses!

I have three connections into the original flexible hose; what do I do with them when I've just one T-piece (I bought the exact same items as andyroo75 listed above)??

The hose/plug marked

1. I assume it's the exhaust return; this can be put a filter on but is there other solutions?
3. this hose extend behind the engine and it looks like it connects to the aircon unit?
2. rather clueless on this one, it seems to connect into a combining hose which is then routed backwards into the bulkhead?

IMG_2634_HELP.jpg
IMG_2637_HELP.jpg
IMG_2640_HELP.jpg
IMG_2647_HELP.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really need some help here guys!:p
Surely someone must have encountered this 'problem' before?
I've searched for relevant CDA-threads but can't find any to address this particular issue..?

Ever so thankful for any help!:thumbs:

·
Registered
352 Posts
2) The air intake temperature sensor. The newer 3.0 V6 got the air temperature from the MAF, that will be the case with Andyroo75. You're air temperature sensor loom got a non-orginal connector.

Not sure about 1 and 3, I'm not really familiar with the older 3.0 V6.
The newer 3.0 v6 hose has only one connection for the carter ventilation.

I'm sure that 3 doesn't connect with the airco system.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just fitted a CDA to my Phase 1 GTV (i.e. with the separate air temp sensor) and kept the original flexible throttle body piping, mainly to avoid having to get that sensor back into position (and it wasn't split!).

If I were you I would use the silicone T-piece you have to fit the sensor - this will need some fiddling to get the depth and air tight seal but won't be too hard. Position it right where Andyroo has his T-piece.

Then get a couple of these aluminium breather connectors and positition on your silicone bend into the throttle body to exactly match the existing crankcase breather pipes: BMC AIR FILTERS

Good luck - it's worth the effort, you will love the CDA :thumbs:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to both of you for helping!:thumbs:

I just fitted a CDA to my Phase 1 GTV (i.e. with the separate air temp sensor) and kept the original flexible throttle body piping, mainly to avoid having to get that sensor back into position (and it wasn't split!).
The problem is my flexible throttle body piping is leaking, that's why I wanted to change it in the first place. And also since I understand that a new one is expensive...
If I were you I would use the silicone T-piece you have to fit the sensor - this will need some fiddling to get the depth and air tight seal but won't be too hard. Position it right where Andyroo has his T-piece.

Then get a couple of these aluminium breather connectors and positition on your silicone bend into the throttle body to exactly match the existing crankcase breather pipes: BMC AIR FILTERS

Good luck - it's worth the effort, you will love the CDA :thumbs:
Are you saying that both of the rubber pipes going into my existing flexible intake are breathers for the crankcase? I.e. is there one for each head?
If this is so, I should be able to just fit a small filter on each and skip joining them to the new silicon intake altogether?
I was under the impression the upper piping had some vacuum function though, in which case it can't be just filtered...

Thanks again!;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
While researching my installation I was looking at replacing the flexible section as well in case mine was getting old. There was a twin spark CDA installation thread on the forum that reported problems after venting a breather via a filter and was rectified when the breather was reconnected to the throttle body pipe so I figured I should take the cautious path and leave everything as stock as possible.

I must admit I'm not exactly sure what sort of breathers both of these tubes are - I'm sure someone here will enlighten us both!

R

·
0 Posts
Just copied this from my order if its any use. Pipes need cutting to fit

1 x Metal Hose Joiner 25mm 1"
1 x Silicone Straight Reducer Hose 25mm > 16mm
1 x Silicone Elbow 90 Degree Hose 80mm 3 1/8" ID
1 x Silicone T Piece Hose 76mm 3" ID
2 x Alloy Hose Joiner 76mm 3" OD Polished
I'm guessing the top elbow next to the throttle body is the 76mm one?

I'm only going to the resonator box, so won't need:

and one of the 2 x Alloy Hose Joiner 76mm 3" OD Polished

Is that correct?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Good thread. I need the last 90deg bend to connect the plastic houseing the maf fits in to where my CDA was. I currently have a KN flopping aout like a triffid like veloce ( nice but of wire suspension there). For some reason the previous buyer had disconnected the CDA and put the KN on ( but left the CDA in place). Was a bonus when I found it however not sure why he changed back to a KN , unless he couldn't be bothered to clean it.
How has everyone found the CDA?? is it worth doing the conversion over the KN. IS it induction noise or performance you have gained.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts