Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't like big cars generally (Maybach, yuck), but I like the new Rolls Royce. Ok, so the front looks like a truck, but the rest is quite cool and much nicer than the Maybach. Whaddya reckon chaps - good, bad or just capitalist evil? :)

g

·
Registered
770 Posts
Gaaaarrrgggghhhh!

eek!

NO!

It is horrible! Really, really nasty. Only BMW could screw up RR that badly.

Should have been called the "Silver Ghastly"

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
I don`t think you can look at these cars in terms of beauty in the convetional sense.They are all about prescence which the Rolls has in bucket loads compared to the awful Maybach,which looks like a stretched Daewoo Leganza in comparison.

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
I`d rather have a Bentlet Continental GT though,old chap.Tally Ho,I`m off to the

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
take it you're not that impressed by it then, Luke? :D

g

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
I`d rather have a Bentley Continental GT though,old chap.Tally Ho,I`m off to the Ritz for an afternoon tea and a G and T. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to say that's not the most flattering pic of it; it looks better in this month's CAR (as does that lovely new Aston!) :)

g

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Well......I kinda like it.....not that I could ever afford one.......don't hurt me frown

·
Registered
443 Posts
each to their own.. thankfully these things are faaaar to expencive for most people so we wont have to see many of them on the roads!
and this can only be a good thing!

mind you i do agree with spiderman. looks are not everything! if i wanted a car that looked nice then i would have an alf gtv 3.0 v6 (with spoiler!) but i wanted a car that goes so i got a nissan!
nissan cant build nice looking cars at all! every car they have EVER built is ugly! but they still command respect on the road!
get out the way here comes the GTiR, GT-R, 300ZX and 200SX

vvvrrrrrroooooommm tisssssshhh vvvrrrooooom

:)

L.

p.s.
i'm gettin another alfa anyway so dont string me up just yet! :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the 1990 300zx was a nice looking car, so was the 1988 Syliva hatchback (not called that here but I can't for the life of me remember its name) - it had pop up lights, a turbo and 924-esque look about it.

g

·
Registered
443 Posts
thats the 200sx.
me and a m8 of mine have got one as a drift car. 1990 one.

quite cool. but a bit on the bland side for a sports car!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see the new RR has back doors that hinge from the rear - just like the new RX8. Jeez can't the Germans do anything original :D :D .

Seriously though, are we seeing the re birth of an old trend in car design - the rear hinging door that is.

Cheers
Mike :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The front bumper and lights look like a bad joke...I can't believe how bad they are! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Have to agree on the front bumper and lights, they're dreadful. Front end too Germanic for me, although Car Magazine say BMW bods were left out at design stage. Mmmm :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
what a monster !!!! but then again:
'beauty is in the eyes of the beholder'
if I had that kind of money to spend on a motor,
I would go for the Aston Martin (DB7 or Vanguish)
that is a great design.
p.s. Maybach... I had to throw up the first time I saw it...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Well at least it has some presence!

Mind you anything would look better than the pig-ugly Maybach!

-Nick wink

1 - 18 of 18 Posts