Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O a recent visit to Neil Catlows in Haslingdon for a replacement bonnet due to damage caused by a falling roof tile I also bought a set of 18" wheels that needed a refurb so painted them in anthracite which I had been thinking of doing for a while but worried they would be too dark. Now they are done I am happy with the choice, changed the whole look of the car. First photo is the original silver 17"s, the rest are the new look. The bonnet came of a 159 and considering the age of the car the colour match was perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You’ve got the silver colour to thank for the close match, had your Brera been red you’d have been very lucky to find a matching shade!

Alloys are a big improvement too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
6,458 Posts
New alloys are a vast improvement.....but that car is screaming out to be lowered 50mil or so...way too much space between the rubber and the arch....! Just my opinion of course!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I always thought the bonnet on the Brera were different from the 159. Good to know that's not the case.

And the car looks much better btw!
bumper and grille are different, but looks like bonet isn't

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New alloys are a vast improvement.....but that car is screaming out to be lowered 50mil or so...way too much space between the rubber and the arch....! Just my opinion of course!
Photos taken straight after car jacked up on all 4 corners and suspension not settled properly. After driving gaps are not as big but speed bumps around where I live do not go too well with lowered suspension.

Reactions: alfaitalia

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bumper and grille are different, but looks like bonet isn't
Upper grille ie on bonnet is different, either side of Alfa logo is carbon fibre effect which actually goes well with Argento being darker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts