Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It may look a bit like a bad facelift of a Mazda3 / Axela, but at least it doesn't look like the last Megane.:tut:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Looks like it has taken some butt advice from the Volvo hatch. I'm not a Renault fan the one's I have driven left me feeling completely detached from the road.

·
Registered
40,047 Posts
Its ok. A bit ordinary looking though.

I think you could easily loose it in a carpark. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
The current model is very different and original. (Though not really pretty. :lol:) This one has "run of the mill" written all over it. A shame, actually.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
The current model is very different and original. (Though not really pretty. :lol:) This one has "run of the mill" written all over it. A shame, actually.
Agreed Ant :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
That's not a Megane, it's an Astra with a Renault badge.

And i quite like it. :)

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
they have done what ford did with the focus, turned a funky looking hatch into just another bland eurobox, i quite liked the old megane, id never buy one but it livened up the roads, plus it had a great advert, well up to the point where the pc brigade ruined it by forcing them to have male arses in it as well.

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
er, yawn :(

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Doesn't matter what it looks like; it'll feel disconnected from the road, have stupid features you don't need, drink petrol, and be surprisingly expensive to fix if / when it goes wrong, with little support from Renault customer services (can you tell I don't like Renaults?)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a red Megane Coupe 1.6e back in the days when they were a limited edition on launch (1996). It was more than a little underpowered but looked svelte and curvy and made me smile. This new one is an exercise in blandness. It's knocked thousands off the price of the price of the *old* model though as I've seen 57 plate Megane CCs with delivery miles advertised at half price.

I won't be trading in my 2.4 Brera though :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
both look ****e...
at least the old one had an arse that polarised opinion...this is just a weedy cop out.....its bland...but they'll buy it....oh well....:eek:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
:( ..looks like we're on different pages..i was referring to both the new coupe and new 5 door version which both appear to have been drawn by the same pen...and when comparing both of them with the "shake that ass" older version, they appear horribly bland to my eyes
...had there been a coupe version of the outgoing car then i'm sure the ass would have shook on that too:)
just to make things clear..i am not a fan of the outgoing megane, but i respect its designers as it was a far bolder attempt to drive renault design forward compared to pics of the new one that is described on this thread.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
not a big lover of the nose. i'm sure it'd look much better in the flesh

1 - 20 of 27 Posts