Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy i bought the car off last night told me a new remote key was £20 off ebay and £20 to program...

BUT after ringing autolusso this morning they told me a new remote key is £160-£180 quid and then i need to program it on top of that ! :wow:

I am just after a spare key for the car but i dont really want to pay in excess of £200 !

Any suggestions

Cheers Tom

·
0 Posts
First step, go back to who-ever sold you the car & state your case :)

I paid £190 for key + coding - worth it though to have a spare & the one I did have wouldn't work remotely :)

·
0 Posts
There's guys on here who know more about them, mebee worth a search as this question crops up frequently & TBH am not sure of the outcome :)

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I think you are pretty much stuck.

I recently bought a new uncut remote key off ebay but havent tried to do anything with it yet, will get the key cut and then see if the Alfa dealer will code it.

There is also an emergency procedure described in the owners handbook on how to start the car even if the key code is not recognised.........but you need the key code card in order to do it

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The keys on E-BAY don't work, i'v tried to program 2 key's for 2 diffrent customers,and both didn't work
Brand new keys or 2nd hand keys?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I would like to know the outcome of this also, as the button on my key feels dodgy. I know you can get keys duplicated and programmed for around £25 at places such as Timpsons, but I would like one with the c/locking button on the key.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I was told that this was something that had to be done by an Alfa dealership?

Cost me £181 for a new key/fob and the programming.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm not sure, but I used to have an old Punto that only had one key (not the brown master key), I took it to a place in Birmingham where they cut me a new key and duplicated the data onto the chip in the new yet. The key was just a key though with a little chip inside it, didn't have any buttons on it.

Don't know if Alfa keys can be copied in the same way.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
There seem to be more questions than answers on this thread :confused: So, to add to the confusion;
I only got one red key and a round alarm fob, with a single button. Both work fine at the moment, but can I get spares at a reasonable price???

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
There seem to be more questions than answers on this thread :confused: So, to add to the confusion;
I only got one red key and a round alarm fob, with a single button. Both work fine at the moment, but can I get spares at a reasonable price???
Yours is a GTV,so the answer is yes, different on the 156's though.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi folks, just bought an '01 GTV and have the Master Key but just one other key with the remote central locking button on it. Problem is the remote key has snapped at some stage although I still have both bits. What the cheapest way for me to get a replacement? Main Dealer or Fleabay or ?????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts