Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there guys & girls. I posted an introduction in the Newbie section on the main page but I thought I'd do one here too seeing as it's the local zone! There are some pics of my recent addition in the other post: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/introduce-yourself/204713-just-joined.html

This is my second Alfa after buying a 145 Cloverleaf brand new in 2000. I regret selling her after 90 000k's of trouble free motoring and I think I might buy another 145 in the future. For now though, I managed to find the one I have been after for a while. She looks really good in the photo's but on closer inspection she needs some attention to the bodywork (Durban sea air is a killer). Mechanically she is ok but I do plan on doing some restoration work. The interior is really neat & original which is great for a car that's 37 years old.

My daily car is a Renault Clio 2.0 Sport which I have modded a bit and attended a few track days in. Also a fun car and giant killer of note around a track.

Well I hope to meet some of you in the future and look forward to chatting online.
Cheers :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Welcome Jaxx...... Now we have three Bertone 105 GTs on AOSA..... El 4 Romeo has the other one.

Mason145 is in your valley , I'm sure he will drop by soon.....

·
Registered
846 Posts
howzit jaxx,glad you're on board....you're gonna need to get a 145 very soon as mason is looking for a partner in crime in kzn...just joking bud.

very nice cabs you have there boet.which model clio do you have?those cars have always had a soft spot on my heart.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
howzit jaxx,glad you're on board....you're gonna need to get a 145 very soon as mason is looking for a partner in crime in kzn...just joking bud.

very nice cabs you have there boet.which model clio do you have?those cars have always had a soft spot on my heart.
Thanks mate, the Clio is a 2005 model MkII (Clio 182) and I am about to fit a MkIII motor (145kw std) with individual throttles. The brakes are also being upgraded to 4-pot Brembo's from the new Clio. I am turning it into a track day toy with stripped interior, racing seats, roll cage etc. So it should be pretty quick. Here are some pics:

Attachments

A

·
0 Posts
Nice looking Sport you have there Jaxx. Although Alfa is my passion, I must admit that Renault can be quite under-rated. Had a 3.0 Laguna I, which I 'tricked' out a bit too (152kw) Much respect to yours my man!
Don't forget to treat your GT equally well. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Hey, Jaxx. Welcome to the SA forum! If you ever decide to sell, please contact me first!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys :thumbs:

@El 4 Romeo - will do but it I didn't buy it to fix then sell. I've been after one for years. How long you had yours?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
that looks cool, throttleshhhhhmmmm nu num num!

Those discs looks like Powerbrake ones!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that looks cool, throttleshhhhhmmmm nu num num!

Those discs looks like Powerbrake ones!
They are actually standard Clio MkIII discs (312mm DIA) that I have modified. I machined out the centre hats and made some new ones from 6082 Aluminium so they match the MkII PCD and offset.
I also had grooves machined in like the powerbrake discs (hence the similarity ;)).

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
so you posted pics of the Clio :tut: but where's the 105? I think just by looking at your pic the wheels looks AWESOME, some guys on here with Bertone's need to recognize!

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Guili, I hope you do not mean mine :rant: :p I am running split rim Compomotives on mine (ok they are on the Spider now)....
I like Jaxx's wheels, they really suit a 105 :cool:

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Recognized! Nice offset - what are those wheels? Had mine for 1.5 years and know every (I mean every) nut and bolt. I like your red better - mine is the standard AR501.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so you posted pics of the Clio :tut: but where's the 105? I think just by looking at your pic the wheels looks AWESOME, some guys on here with Bertone's need to recognize!
:eek: Sorry, I kinda hijacked my own thread :lol:

The 105 pics are here: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/introduce-yourself/204713-just-joined.html

Thanks Eric. I don't know much about the 105's yet and what wheels they came out with but planning on doing lots of research.

@ EL 4 - I don't know what rims they are as they came with the car but will have a look. Is AR501 the color code?? :confused: I need to learn lots :eek:

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
:eek: Sorry, I kinda hijacked my own thread :lol:

The 105 pics are here: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/introduce-yourself/204713-just-joined.html

Thanks Eric. I don't know much about the 105's yet and what wheels they came out with but planning on doing lots of research.

@ EL 4 - I don't know what rims they are as they came with the car but will have a look. Is AR501 the color code?? :confused: I need to learn lots :eek:
Be glad your gearbox sits in the front, thats all I'm saying..
Oh yes and welcome..
:)
Just so you know, the new guy has to buy the first round at the next meeting, in case nobody told you..
:thumbs:
Thanks...

·
Registered
139 Posts
heyy!! welcome dude.... glad to see you got a good collection... i love those brakes btw... awesome stuf... a reall mover ... hope you enjoyn it as much!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Welcome. Your 105 looks mint.

I had a 1750 GTV many years ago and wish I had kept it.

Did you restore it or did you get it like that?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got it like that but the bodywork does need a bit of work which you can't see from the photos. The interior is in very good nick and mechanically she's ok. My plan is to restore her slowly but still drive her as often as possible.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
I got it like that but the bodywork does need a bit of work which you can't see from the photos. The interior is in very good nick and mechanically she's ok. My plan is to restore her slowly but still drive her as often as possible.
Good luck, I've been doing that, works well, but stresses you out alot...:cry:
Using it as your everyday driver as well as your love child, its fun, REALLY fun... :lol:
But stressful :cry:
But enjoy her and good luck... :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
This is my second Alfa after buying a 145 Cloverleaf brand new in 2000. I regret selling her after 90 000k's of trouble free motoring and I think I might buy another 145 in the future.
My daily car is a Renault Clio 2.0 Sport which I have modded a bit and attended a few track days in. Also a fun car and giant killer of note around a track.

Well I hope to meet some of you in the future and look forward to chatting online.
Cheers :thumbs:
Welcome Jaxx... Its really really great to see another member from KZN... We like a rare breed here.

I think you should buy another 145.... :thumbs:

Loving the Clio Sport, I nearly bought one like that, even the same color. Lovely classic Alfa you have as well.

I'm up in PMB, so not far from you.

Does this mean we can have a breakfast run now.... ( IE. more than one person now )

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Mason, surely there are more Alfa guys around KZN :confused:

I did 2 trackdays at Hesketh last year, were you at any of them? Unfortunately it doesn't look like they will be having anymore of them which is such a pity coz they're great fun.

Just shout when you want to arrange a run, I'm always keen. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts