Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Alfa Romeo Spider 916S2
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 1996 Spider with 2.0 TS engine is leaking from the radiator. The local guys never touched an Italian like that but suggests asking around for replacement models.

I've shooped the web around and found prices varying a lot ! From 45 pounds to 350 pounds.

I could also find one model on Amazon Canada: Van Wezel 01002056 Radiateur, Radiators - Amazon Canada
Price is good but delivery is very long.

Suggestions? I need it shipped to Canada (Quebec) and found a few shipping from UK but charge around 50 pounds for shipping which I think is a bit high (probably will have to pay duties too). Also would like to get it within 10 days so I can fix it before my vacation road trip!

Thanks!

·
Registered
GTV, '96, 2.0V6 TB
115 Posts
Give these guys a call. They are just outside of Toronto and were really helpful when I needed a thermostat for my V6 TB. Bonne Chance!
Pinarello Motori (905) 264-0897

·
Registered
1996 Alfa Romeo Spider 916S2
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Give these guys a call. They are just outside of Toronto and were really helpful when I needed a thermostat for my V6 TB. Bonne Chance!
Pinarello Motori (905) 264-0897
Thank you for this info, just called but VM is full so also sent an email.

Fingers crossed!

Daniel

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Nissens is a well regarded make. I seem to recall there's a difference between early and later radiators regarding temperature sensor placement for example but you'd need to check it for yourself.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Don’t let Alfa fool you with a forest of numbers! Yes, there are versions with sensor in the radiator, But these often come with a plug for this to seal the hole so fit later versions as well

·
Registered
36 Posts
I replaced mine half a year ago with a chinese one from eBay. Cost me around €50 delivered, and the manufacturer is RNBC, which business are only radiators for everything possible. You can search them up, and as @WallyZ mentioned, it came with a plastic plug to seal the hole for sensor as mine car is a '02.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You may well find the support bracket and bolts are badly corroded as well, depending on where your has lived for most of its life, but Totally Alfa have fabricated a replacement. Might be worth checking first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts