Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fins are starting to fall out and with it the temp is rising,
So where can i get a rad for good money within our area, or better still who do you know who fits them for next to nowt.
Ta..:thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Indeed I do...........

Clearflow Radiators (just behing Morrisson's on the corner of Meynell Rd) quoted me £136 ("absolute max", so to speak) for my 2.0 Cloverleaf.

Give Colin a ring 01325 480780, good service, even better price and he's got a very nice FIAT 20V Coupe LE too and he had a HGT Bravo before that, so he's familiar with "the family".

clearflow radiators darlington - Google Maps

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oh thanks a lot...:)

Update..
popped in to see and said he came recomended.
Was quoted a rough price, but asked to drop the alfa in so the rad could be measured up.
So going to take it in some afternoon this week.
I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Got brand new one for £100 inc several hose pipes from what used to be Wentane Motors parts dept. Its behind Simon Bales pug garage in Stockton. Tatty place but cash certainly produces a deal :)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I got my rad (for my old TS) from my local autofactors for about £100 ... and that was in expensive surrey!!! £136 sounds a bit expensive ...

R

·
0 Posts
I got my rad (for my old TS) from my local autofactors for about £100 ... and that was in expensive surrey!!! £136 sounds a bit expensive ...
£136 all in, not just for the part.

I think that's quite reasonable.

R

·
0 Posts
Got brand new one for £100 inc several hose pipes from what used to be Wentane Motors parts dept. Its behind Simon Bales pug garage in Stockton. Tatty place but cash certainly produces a deal :)
It still is Wentane Motors parts dept, the bodyshop is also Wentanes but is called "Cleveland Body and Paint" for some reason.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
£136 all in, not just for the part.

I think that's quite reasonable.
:eek: :eek: Including fitting!!! well that is definately a bargain then!!!! It's probably a couple of hours labour (ish) ... down here that wouldn't even cover the labour!!!! let alone the part :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
It still is Wentane Motors parts dept, the bodyshop is also Wentanes but is called "Cleveland Body and Paint" for some reason.
That's the place! Scruffy little shed of a joint - but who cares if you get a decent discount :)

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well she,s booked in on Monday.
Total cost..
£150 ish fitted and with coolent.
He said fitting would have to be £40 as its a pain in the arse to do.

R

·
0 Posts
Justin at BMC actually did mine and it caost me £167 fitted - it took him about 3 hours to do, so not bad really.

The car drove a lot better for it, too.

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Er sorry, yes indeed.
I now have under my bonnet a shiney black radiator with all its fins.
Fitted it from the top after removing the slam panel and moved it has he said a mili at a time in and out
Says that i should put a ltr of antifreeze in as mine is red and he has blue and did want mix the two.
Hes done a cracking job for £151 and as it was a recore its got 2 year warranty:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts