Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, there I am in the 159Ti burning rubber on the way to work at three in the morning and Plod pulls me over in the middle of Alderley Edge.

OK, Fair cop I think. 34 years on the road and only 953,896 other offences for speeding to be taken into condsideration......:tut:

But No, say's Plod. You passed a CID officer in a Fiat Panda a few miles back who suggested that as you were in an attractive black car travelling at high speed you might have stolen it and we need to do a vehicle check. We patrol all the north bound roads from Cheshire into Manchester for stolen Range Rovers and other high grade vehicles in the early hours of the morning.

Appropriate details checked and a pleasant conversation about the joys of driving Alfa's and I was on my way to work again.

Just shows though. Now I can't even overtake a Panda at three in the morning without being paranoid from now on.....

.....but at least the Ti ranks as a desirable car!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
the ti sticking out as a posh car in alderley edge.... could only be an alfa:cool:

PS i'm assuming you're a pilot flying out of m/cr airport? who do you fly for?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First Choice Airways. I'm a Captain on the Boeing 757/767.

I was going in for an early Venice at 0600. Thankfully I was early otherwise I could have lived without the guided tour of a Volvo's interior.

Still, the Guy was very polite and friendly. I cannot say I was treated with anything other than courtesy.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
fair play to them :thumbs: a couple of friends of mine fly out of m/cr, one a captain for mytravel, the other a first officer for virgin. you buggers have one of the best jobs in the world :cool:

G

·
fair play to them :thumbs: a couple of friends of mine fly out of m/cr, one a captain for mytravel, the other a first officer for virgin. you buggers have one of the best jobs in the world :cool:

Al, One word springs to mind.....................................Stewardesses ;) :thumbs:

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Al, One word springs to mind.....................................Stewardesses ;) :thumbs:
Wudnt think thats the only thing that would have a spring in it then:cheese:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Al, One word springs to mind.....................................Stewardesses ;)
:thumbs:

oh yes:D JD (the virgin 1st officer) never tells any tales but my mate ian flew to hong kong with him a few weeks back and stayed at the same hotel as the crew for a night's stopover. now he DID have some tales to tell, there was allsorts going on in that hotel:lol:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
:cheese: Classic AONW. Classic Al!

Starts off being pulled by Plod and within 3 replies we're off to HK with stewardesses pulling puds (allegedly).:lol: Duuurty boys!:tut: ;)

G

·
oi james, it was roeburndale not me :mad:

for once :lol:
Not guilty m'lud.....and in my defence i offer the following :tut:

oh yes:D JD (the virgin 1st officer) never tells any tales but my mate ian flew to hong kong with him a few weeks back and stayed at the same hotel as the crew for a night's stopover. now he DID have some tales to tell, there was allsorts going on in that hotel:lol:

Done up like a kipper :p

·
Registered
237 Posts
i got pulled 15 mins after picking up ma car :p

cops pulled me for going ... quickly, and got pulled, then the cop pulled me, told me to slow a bit, then started to say how nice the car was and how good condition it was in

i was well chuffed, used to end up having words with cops wen they would refer to me as a "typical boy racer" and i would respond "typical ***** of a cop" because i wheelspun on wet cobbles,

·
Registered
24,536 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think its good when cops pull you over to check if the car is stolen. I wouldnt mind it one bit cos one day who knows it may well have been knicked

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Now Guy's, let's not get carried away here.....I said I flew for First Choice Airways. FCA in the industry is well know for standing for Fat Chick Airways.:wow:

'Weight in proportion to height' is not something that can be enforced as it was twenty years ago sadly!

As for fun and games downroute then if you are a single First Officer then yes, you probably have a good time as your fair game for the husband hunters, but as one young lady told me in no uncertain terms as she chatted up the FO (telling him that he had a nice voice) and I commented that I had been told that in my young day, she replied.... "I don't do Captains"!:tut:

Trick. I agree that it's nice that the Police are making an effort to stop cars reaching back street garages in the early hours and having their identities changed but with my luck they will be having the night off the night mine goes missing.

Best Regards

BB

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wanted to be a pilot when I was a kid. Unfortunately I'm as blind as a bat so I settled for a position in I.T. :lol:

Seriously though, it must be an awesome job. I envy you :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts