Registered
20,969 Posts
something just odd happened...but I'd rather not mention it

...anyway...all new members maybe could have a 10 post
delimiter (it's only 10) and then get a way into getting
some kind of pass or badge...

No No...that reduces the effect of the "introduce youself" forum

You'll never eliminate fools...but if you can weather it out
anyway...and keep it up (let's not go sexual there)

then you eventually forget how bad anyone was

then you understand who you were in the 1st place;)

...and if any one believes that pile o' crap then I've got
a self-help book out next Monday called "The Malicious Mllitias"

it's all about how the Viet Kong were actually quite good at
massage:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
45,065 Posts
I agree. Have suggested exactly the same on a few occasions, but no one ever listens to me ;)

·
Registered
24,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I agree. Have suggested exactly the same on a few occasions, but no one ever listens to me ;)
Well they do say great minds think alike......

.....and fools seldom differ!:)

Hopefully they'll listen now.

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Good idea. I'd like to be able to make it more general & be able to do a new posts search only on user-selected sections; I've made that request in other forums using the same software & been told that it can't be done.
Ok, I think it should be up to the person who is searching, anything is possible Dave, it is all just time relevant.

I have played with code and i think it can be done with a select box in your profile etc, you set which forums as default you wish to search on and the forum will obey.

When I have killed off some other projects that we have on the go we will click onto this one.

AO

·
Premium Member
45,212 Posts
Gary: in the Profile, under options, you can disable this feature:

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Default Thread Subscription Mode: Do not subscribe.

Then you can manually subscribe to those threads you are really interested in :)
Thats what I do, but now I currently have over 700 subscribed threads! :eek: :eek:

EDIT: Make that 756 now! :eek:

·
Premium Member
45,212 Posts
You can trim them down from here or by simply clicking on the profile button which is shown on every page and selecting "Subscribed Threads".

If you still need clarification read the FAQ

I know how, just never seem to be able to do it.. Always just end up re-reading the old threads :lol:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts