Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting excited for Tuesday when the Spider is getting another set of exhausts, I'm having silenced Wizards fitted and cant wait to see what they are like, I'm not sure but they could be the first set produced.

I have the straight through Wizards on at the moment but they are just too loud for me, well for the Mrs to be honest, I'm really going to miss the snap, crackle and pop these have, they turn heads every day.
When they were first fitted I suffered with a drone at certain revs but that seems to have gone, either that or I'm used to them now, something to do with the hood as all was ok with top down, they are loud, bloody loud, but don't they make you smile.

I was real close to having a set of Prodive back boxes fitted, ordered them, paid for them, but luckily they are no longer available so Im getting the quiet Wizards now, really pleased because the Wizards look soooooo good, Im hoping the new set will look exactly the same but with silencers, I'll let you know on Tuesday.

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
SS - do you have any video of how the loud ones are at the moment?

I really should have done something with mine as soon as I bought it.
The car really needs a good sound to go with the looks. Way too late for me now.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try and take something before I lose them, I have trouble trying to post pics here let alone videos but Ill see if I can do a before and after of Wizards.
Sound wise, something like that F type Jag (is it F type or FX or something) pops and crackles in town and rips away over 4000 revs, can be boomy at times

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
If it's even half as good as an F-Type I'll be absolutely amazed!
Love those cars.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry no videos, just didnt get time.
New pipes are on, looks wise they are just the same except from the straight behind view as instead of seeing straight through the bumper exhaust spaces theres now a couple of big boxes in the middle.
Sound wise, yes theres some sound but cant hide my disappointment at losing the lovely sound track I had.
Sure in a few days I'll be used to these but I was close to murder last night when my lovely Mrs said I should have kept the straight through pipes, wtf who was the one moaning about them ???
I did get to have some fun in a small tunnel the night before the change over, the smile on my face lasted for ages.
In a couple of weeks time I'll probably be thinking that Ive made the correct decision but right now Im fighting myself against a phone call to Autolusso LOL

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
All 'sounds' like an almighty waste of money to me...

Reactions: domholyfield
1 - 9 of 9 Posts