Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am proud to be the new owner of a gorgeous 146 ti. It is the 2.0 and a real pleasure to drive but at present I am having a few teething troubles....

1: My clutch has gone and I seem to be having trouble finding a garage to do the work. I've purchased the parts but can't find a garage that has worked on this make before so I am reluctant to get the work done. Does anyone know anywhere in the Rochdale area I can get this problem fixed? Any help will be gratefully received.

2: Now this is a strange one. The car has been running well until the clutch going but I went to start it yesterday and it will turn over but the engine just wont catch. It has been in the rain (which is a sin I know) but as I say, it was fine until it was parked. Does anyone have any advice on what the problem could be?

I'm hoping I wont have to resort going to a main dealer to get these things resolved, so if anyone has any ideas I would be eternally grateful.....

Thank you everyone..

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Things that could affect the car not starting, but the crank turning;

CODE system (key light on the dash)
No fuel - Often caused by somebody triggering the fuel cut off switch underneath the passenger seat, if activated, push it down and hear a click
No spark
Faulty crank sensor
Faulty Relays- BBoB (Black box of B*ll*x) Clean the relays etc

Think thats about all i can think of right now!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've now had the car checked by an auto electrician and it seems that the problem is the ecu. All the injectors are getting voltage and there is a good spark off the plugs. The question now is can the ecu be reset or do I have to invest in a new one??

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
a quick win is to remove both battery cables, cable tie them together for 10 minutes, refit and often it will start. This resets the ECU.

Are you getting fuel in there? Can you hear the pump prime, does fuel come out when the delivery pipe was puller away? (careful as it can spray petrol, needs two people and a jar to collect it in) The relay for the fuel pump is in the relays by the battery as Langers mentioned.

HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts