Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i would say hi

just bought a 156 2.5v6 bright red an wood trim picking it up sunday as the owner is getting it tested for me

cant wait to get it lol

just a quick question unsure of when the cambelt was last done so im gonna get it down as soon i pick it up does anybody on here know of a good alfa mechanic in lincolnshire i live near grimsby so the closer the better really i have heard / read in this forum its a bit of a pig to get right hence i would like to take it to a recommended garage

ps the mileage is 120000 so pretty high but i got a bargain so long as cam belt doesnt snap before i get it done only paid 600 with full test well saying that did i get a bargain you guys are the experts and allowing for 400 for cambelt change

anyways hello to all :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO....:) congratulations on the 156

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi there & Welcome! :p

Sounds like a bargain to me. If you're unsure when the belts were done and have a budget for doing them, just get them done. I had to pick up a friend when his ZS 190's belts went 2 weeks after buying it. He was not a happy man...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the welcomes 5 more days till i hear thet growl cant come soon enough though anyone lend me a time machine

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
hello and welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks again for the welcomes

anyone got a decent alfa garage in or near grimsby for the cam belt sure someone has ideas

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
getting very worried best quote i have had is from the alfa workshop in royston 576pounds all waterpump belts etc great price just 3hrs drive

anyone any closer please there has got to be

ps only 4 days till i pick her up lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts