Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just signed up to check out the site. Recently bought my girlfriend a 147, she had it all of two weeks before reversing it into a bottle bank and putting a tidy dent in the rear quarter panel. We got it back yesterday, the body shop having it for longer than she has!

Anyway, it's the first ***** either of us has owned, and I gotta say, It's a terrific car, all the toys that we'll ever need (wasted on a girl though!), and she loves it, it's much quicker than the Fiat Bravo she killed a couple of weeks before getting this. But...... can anyone advise whether it is possible to turn off the rather irritating beep that sounds each time she goes over 30mph?

Hi, and thanks, Hydrophobe.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hi there:) Never heard of that before, the beeping? I no you can put the speed limited on although I never have. If you turn your ignition on and go into the menu by pressing the button to the right of the steering wheel and if its on turn it off. Otherwise:confused: What size engine 1.6/2.0?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there:) Never heard of that before, the beeping? I no you can put the speed limited on although I never have. If you turn your ignition on and go into the menu by pressing the button to the right of the steering wheel and if its on turn it off. Otherwise:confused: What size engine 1.6/2.0?

Thanks for that, I'll look into it when she gets home from work.

Engine size? erm.... I think it's a 1.9 multijet diesel, but not sure. I know that compared to her last car, it goes like the clappers. it's fully kitted out inside, and has a 6 speed box, which impressed me and annoyed me at the same time! I drive a 350z with a 6 speed box, and kinda liked the exclusivity of it, so she's all smug and grinny now!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Ah right forgot about the diesel option. The diesel cars have definatly caught up with the petrols. I get most hassle from them the TDI's. Good luck mate keep me posted if it works or not:cool:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi there and welcome! :thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts