Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my first Alfa, a shiney 156 2.0 JTS. Had it for two weeks, spent 1 week in the garage, Air Bag light decided to shine before I had taken it from the forecourt. On my first propoer drive the passenger foot well flooded. I would appreciate some help to find this leak - coul dbe ingress but coul dbe A/C, where do I start?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the easy option, but they haven't inspired me with confidence since I payed them, was hoping to find the fault myself. I'll just have to wait for it to flood agian.

H

·
0 Posts
try using the search function on the toolbar, i've seen this mentioned a few times

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Welcome.

Soggy footwell is a familiar theme and Harry's link is a good starting point.

Bizarrely I had similar experiences. 1st week I owned the car it was back at the dealer & the footwell flooded during the second week.

I think my puddle problem was linked to the Climate control.

Hope you get it fixed. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Hi and welcome :)

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Welcome to AO. Good luck and don't lose faith in your bella. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your comments. Dealer checked the A/C Drain and claimed that it's OK, and to bring it back if it floods again.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
philr said:
Thanks for all your comments. Dealer checked the A/C Drain and claimed that it's OK, and to bring it back if it floods again.
Does the footwell only get wet when it rains? I had a problem with a faulty seal in the wheel arch which soaked the passenger footwell when it rained.

I also had the problem with the a/c drain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts