Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - First post on the Alfa Owner Forums.

My partner and I have just purchased a second-hand "Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0T Veloce Auto (s/s) 4dr" in blue with tan leather seats - She's a beaut and will sit proudly next to my Tesla Model 3 Performance on the drive (I missed the smell of petrol!).

We have a few questions and hoping the good folk on these forums would be able to help answer, so, here goes...

1) I believe that the new (2021) models have an updated interior that includes the Italian flag below the gear shift, which isn't on older models (<2021). However, the pictures of the interior of this particular car show the Italian flag below the gear stick (see image attached)... Is this a third-party after-party applied by the previous owner?? etc?

2) We've read about the differences between 2019/2020/2021 models (v. minimal from what we can see) but in your experiences what are the differences and are they noticeable?

3) Anything specific to look out for when looking over the car at pick up?

4) What's the first thing/s we should do when we pick up the car... other than putting it into "D" and taking it for a spin?

5) Reliability - Our one concern with Alfa (possibly a rumour driven entirely due to Top Gear)... but are our slight apprehensions founded on fact or fiction?

6) Apple CarPlay - Any good? It requires a cable connection, right? Can you get third party after care for wireless charging, etc?

Excited to join the Alfa family... have always wanted one and work for a very well known Italian company (plus have Italian relatives) so feel like it's been a long-time coming!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ps. spec list here: 18in Alloy Wheels - 5 Hole Design - Dark Finish | 8 Speaker Audio System | 8in Wide Screen Colour Display | Airbags - Front Side | Airbags - Passenger | Alfa Connect 3D Nav 8.8in Infotainment System | Apple CarPlay and Android Auto | Auto Headlights | Auto Windscreen Wipers | Autonomous Emergency Braking - AEB | Bi-Xenon Headlamps - 25W LED DRL | Black Painted Interior Bezels | Brake Calipers - Black | Climate Control - Dual Zone | Convenience Pack | Cruise Control | DAB Radio | Dark Tinted Rear Windows | ESC - Electronic Stability Control | Electrochromic Rear View Mirror | Engine Start Button on Steering Wheel | Forward Collision Warning - FCW | Front and Rear Parking Sensors | Headlights - Washer System | Heated Steering Wheel | Heated Washer Nozzles | LED Tail and Brake Lamps | Lane Departure Warning - LDW | Perimeter and Volumetric Alarm System | Power Folding Mirrors | Power Seats Pack | Privacy Glass | Remote Central Locking | Seats - Heated Front | Steering Wheel - Leather-Sports | Alfa DNA Driving Mode Selector | ABS - Anti Lock Braking System | Airbags - Driver | Airbags - Passenger Deactivation | Electric Windows - Front and Rear | Sports Diffuser and Dual Chrome Exhaust | 40-20-40 Split Folding Rear Seats | Gear Shift Paddles on Steering Wheel | Leather Multi-Function Steering Wheel. Montecarlo Blue | 1 owner | £28,995

·
Registered
565 Posts
Regarding the reliability concerns, look here:

As far as looking the car over, these suffer from battery issues, check the electrics work, specifically the heated rear window and mirrors, if they don’t chances are it’s the battery that’s low.
If you have problems with the alarm going off when it shouldn’t, some are set too high on the sensitivity - this can be adjusted by a dealer or if you buy the correct software and leads and a laptop.
Check all the DNA modes operate as they should.

·
Registered
405 Posts
If it has the upgraded leather gear stick then I thought that came with the flag, I thought they were introduced in my19 onwards. That stick in the picture does look like my17 Veloce with the plastic surrounds, and did not have the flag, so it could very well be a a stick on.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,230 Posts
If its an unreliable car you need, try an Audi A6.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Theoretically you should check the condition of the tyres, tread depth, sidewall damage rotation correct etc. As well as fluids in any car before you drive it for the first time and then weekly. Few people do.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Regarding the interior the picture you posted is definately the old style and someone has stuck the flag on.

The quality and design is definately noticeable between pre and post 2020 when you sit in them. But I have both and its personal preference as to which you prefer. It doesnt make pre 2020 a bad one at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts