Alfa Romeo Forum banner

New or used ?

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  JUSTONCE68 
#1 ·
Oooooh, I have some questions for you alfa lovers out there .... Now I've been looking at Los of possible alternatives for my Leon cupra, I think I'm working my way through every single car on sale, I'm got a bit of a short list, mini clubman s, fiesta zetec s (tried the st but not sure ...) the focus zetec s, which I quite liked but not the dealer. So I finally got off my bum and down to the local alfa dealer - Donald's of Peterborough. Well me and the other half both agreed it was really nice, it was only the compatizione version but was nice. We didn't get chance to book a test drive but that's next on my list.

However the questions ... Now, I'm not a big fan of PCP's but it see,s at the minute you would be daft to consider otherwise ... I guess. However I would want to medel, that would be possible remap and exhaust and that's where I guess a used car would be better. Engine choice would be the 1.4tb, but what trim. Part of me thinks the sportiva has everything I'd want ... Anyway, given the choice what spec would you go for and can you reccomend an decent dealers.

#2 ·
Why not a qv mate? Comes with the lower suspension and bigger engine? Just got a tuning box for mine which j will shortly uploading a review of but its proper quick now.

However if you want slightly less running cost go for the 1.4 sportavia

#4 ·
If its the pcp you are wondering about, heres my thought. I'd never had a pcp before but went for it with cash back from the trade-in and two years later it's about balanced between what's owing and the value. That's despite a good percentage deposit. I think that's the thing to consider, but at least you know what the guaranteed value is . But then the difference between the trade in and the forecourt price is quite different and if you want to buy the car at the end you probably save that?
I get the impression you get some good deals at th moment but they seem to be 48 months as opposed to the three years favoured a couple of years ago.
Whatever you choose, have fun!

#5 ·
Thanks, if I'm honest I'd prefer 2 year pcp, but I could probably find an early car for 12k, broadspeed list the sportiva at £17800, but a pcp is pretty much £3000 off before you even start arguing on the price. 13k gets me a brand new fiesta, a 1 year old focus or a 2 1/2 year old clubman s ... All will have lost pretty much the biggest chunk of money. The g is the only thing at the minute that I think I really like subject to test drive.

#6 ·
Why not wait and see what the new facelift Giulietta will look like? Aparently due end of this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.