Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,
I am happily converted to owning my first alfa leaving a terrible trail of destruction in wrong car choices before. I have tried to ignore the stigma people seem to have with alfas as they look nice and in particular mine looks nice! It's the 95bhp 1.4 Sprint 2011 with 18000 miles on the clock. It's had two services before and another one being done before I collect it. I've read about the cambelt being needed to change at 4-5 years making this onr nearly overdue so that has put me on edge. The car comes with 6 months warranty but I'm pretty sure a snapped cambelt comes under as lack of maintenance in that it should have been done! Any info or general advice on being a first time MITO owner would be great thanks :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know it's an expense after signing up for the car, but I was advised on these boards to get a new cambelt on my car when I got the 2012 MA 105 in March as the mileage was low at 31,000. I did get it changed and feel like I have some peace of mind at least as I had one go one me years ago in a corsa and it was quite frightening.

Hope you enjoy your Mito too:thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I were you I would get the T belt changed ASAP and at a Alfa Dealer, yes ok it will be more expensive but you know that it will be done correctly and the work will come with a guarantee and it will give you peace of mind ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts