Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Mito owners,

I'm considering purchasing a mito but the 170bhp engine isn't available with red leather or the alfa classic teledial alloys, however, the 140bhp is. What are Alfa thinking? In my mind 140bhp is plenty for a little car. Am I wrong? Will i regret going for the better looking trim at the expense of power. Cars are about the same price once you've put heated leather in the 140bhp.

Thanks for responses in advance.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It really comes down to what you want.

And over 3-4 years will you keep thinking if only id got ......., or looking at it and thinking yes it quicker (only slightly mind) and the active suspension, but it doesn't look the way i want.

Personally i like the 140. Especially in QV line trim. Plus cheaper & quieter tyres than the 18" QV.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. So is the suspension set up on the 170bhp significantly better? Alfa dealer is incredibly poorly informed.

S

·
0 Posts
Hi Mito owners,

I'm considering purchasing a mito but the 170bhp engine isn't available with red leather or the alfa classic teledial alloys, however, the 140bhp is. What are Alfa thinking? In my mind 140bhp is plenty for a little car. Am I wrong? Will i regret going for the better looking trim at the expense of power. Cars are about the same price once you've put heated leather in the 140bhp.

Thanks for responses in advance.
I have the 110BHP twin air and despite the little flymo engine it shifts. The QV Line trim is stunning worth every extra penny in my opinion. Only regret is taking it in Etna Black ......extreme high maintenance , just have to look at it the wrong way and its dirty.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was tempted by the Etna black as the £450 paint is offered as a freebie on some of the deals. Thought it looked good. Interesting to hear that the twin air has enough poke. I do alot of miles and have just eliminated it from the equation as I'd assumed it would get a bit tedious on big roads.
Anyone have the leather seats? Anyone gone from 156 to little mito? Does it feel special?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
My first mito was a 155 in etna black, and agree it is troublesome to keep clean, but looks great in the right light.

I also regretted not getting the 170qv so chopped her in for a manual tornado blue QV. Best colour in my opinion and the increase in power was great.

I'm now on my third and have a QV TCT matte grey ?

Go for the QV you won't be disappointed...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
800 Posts
I was looking at a new mito qv but the wheels available are not to my liking at all and a qv line 140 in the colour of my choice with darkened 17" teles ends up at just over £19k.. (£17k with discount car supplier)

Which is a little overpriced for what it is.. (in my opinion)

Reactions: dgmayhead

·
Registered
231 Posts
Better maybe not.
Not having owned one.

But the suspension on the newer cars is far far superior and smoother than older mitos.
Mine 60 plate was crashy as hell.

Etna does look good when clean.
Just spent 4 hours on the weekend polishing and waxing my enta giulietta. 2 seconds in a light drizzle and blah.
Go grey (looks amazing) or blue if you can.

A 140 tct will be brilliant but if you can stretch to the 170.... Why the hell not. Play hard ball with the dealer and I'm sure they will swap the wheels if it meant loosing a sale instead.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great info guys. I'll see if I can negotiate some 17" teledials and maybe when I see the qv trim for real I'll stop worrying about the lack of leather as an option.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Thanks. So is the suspension set up on the 170bhp significantly better? Alfa dealer is incredibly poorly informed.
The 170 MultiAir engine (only offered on the QV) has adjustable suspension, which I think alters its characteristics depending on the setting chosen on the DNA switch in the car. Whereas the 140 MultiAir engine (and 1.6 JTDm) has 'Dual Rate' dampers, which are still better than the standard dampers on the lower powered engines (TwinAir 105, 1.4 78 & 1.3 JTDm) but not as all-singing-all-dancing as those on the 170bhp :)

I'm guessing as the dealer is poorly informed, they might not have told you that the current MiTo has stopped or almost stopped production, as Alfa are releasing a facelifted MiTo to match the recently facelifted Giulietta in the next month or two. That might be why the options they've told you that are available are less than was previously offered (telledials etc).

It might also be why the current Alfa PCP offers are stronger than they've been previously on the MiTo, though it's getting to that age where it needs decent PCP deals to keep interest. I have the 1.3 JTDm with the basic suspension (which is crashy). The 1.3 only has 85bhp but it still goes ok once it's got past the turbo lag. When I drove the 140 MultiAir it felt like lightening in comparison and I thought it was probably as quick as you'd want a MiTo to be.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I had the Alfa PCP flyer though my door last week - the figures look good until you read the (very|) small print and see that its based on only 6000 miles a year....

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had the Alfa PCP flyer though my door last week - the figures look good until you read the (very|) small print and see that its based on only 6000 miles a year....
Yes. I noticed that. In addition; Hot Fiesta, fiat595 and cliosports are all faster and cheaper and have better customer service/dealer network. What can you do?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts