Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of treating my 1.4Veloce T 09 mito with a treat and changing the headunit. I was thinking of trying to keep it original and try to find a uconnect system, but wanted to see whether people prefer the uconnect system or they have just changed it out for a different aftermarket one all together.

Any thoughts? I am a student as well, so I'm not looking to go too spendy with it I mean I have £300 max as a figure in mind at the moment

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same thought about a year ago and decided on an aftermarket one in the end because of the touchscreen size.

EastUpperGooner is right though, you will need about £20-30 for a fascia kit and another £30-40 for a wiring loom (including the headunit brand's wiring adapter cable) which means you can use the steering wheel controls. With a £300 limit, if you don't mind eBay, you can pick up a used Pioneer AVH double din headunit for the remaining amount.

I had a similar budget at the time and ended up winning a Pioneer Android Auto headunit for exactly £300 off eBay. It was about £600 new at the time and so it is possible on a £300 to £400 budget.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts