Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very small change, just the grille and the Mito font....Unless there some interior changes...wheels also look slightly different though it could be the angle.

I prefer the more luxurious chrome slatted bumper that went before this new one...I can see how they'd want to harmonise the design language across the marquee but I thought the Mito was not going to be sticking around much longer so whats the point re-tooling?...or perhaps the Mito may stick around a little longer than expected?

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Very small change, just the grille and the Mito font....Unless there some interior changes...wheels also look slightly different though it could be the angle.

I prefer the more luxurious chrome slatted bumper that went before this new one...I can see how they'd want to harmonise the design language across the marquee but I thought the Mito was not going to be sticking around much longer so whats the point re-tooling?...or perhaps the Mito may stick around a little longer than expected?
Retooling won't be very expensive even if they will release a new Giulietta or Mito. Less chrome plating required, and the addition of some cheap hexagonal grille meshing will hardly break the bank. Probably cost a few thousand Euro at most to get all of those tarted up parts out. I don't even think the 'new seats' will be that different to the old ones. The lettering is pennies.

Very cheap and cheerful rehash of these two cars, until they decide on what they are actually doing with them, all built on the back of the Giulia's appeal and a common family resemblance. Which in turn is partially dependent on the success of Maserati in the SUV market or in general.

It wouldn't surprise me if the grille hexagons are just cut down versions of the Giulias'. :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts

So wheels and rear bumper are different. Wheels look a little too rigid style wise for me I preferred the flowing lines of the prior wheels.

The bumper has a more defined extractor but the whole rear valance is too small to offer real aero-management.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
What is that rear diffuser!? It's like they designed it to have central dual exhausts exists and then didn't bother fitting the exhaust!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like the overall design of the Mito,and still think it is dating well. This new design is not radical enough to tempt me to buy a new one,especialy with no QV and no manual box. I will have to see it in the flesh.The changes are basicaly the plastics [ bumper grill etc ] with the new Euro 6 engine. I bet the new components will fit on the old Mito,if so you could change the grill and bumper fairly easily on the old model.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That new grill will save me some money. No longer ordering new chrome plastic bits. Might as well glue 'em on next time :D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This video gives a clearer picture of the changes at the front and of course the huge wheel arch gaps. Personally I think they have ruined the clean lines at the front with the stupid ridge running across the bumper and into the front wings. Fiat/Alfa facelifts are always worse than some of those seen in Hollywood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWN0KKgCs6s&feature=youtu.be&a

·
Registered
784 Posts
i really like the front, apart from the headlights, it gives a bit of a fresh new more sportier look and the wheels look nice too but then thats it for me. No changes on the inside from what i can see, the flat bottom steering wheel and seats are just from the QV, i think.

be awesome if they surprised us all with a Mito GTA to say farewell to the Mito

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
why are they not doing the QV anymore, any ideas

1 - 20 of 39 Posts