Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear; where to start...

After all the excitement and build-up of having ordered a little Mito many, many weeks ago, the day finally came when I went to pick up my beautiful new car from the dealers. I've been waiting so long for the car to come, I've loved getting all the updates, looking longingly at the brochure when I wanted to remind myself what I had ordered, I even booked the day off work to collect it and have a good run around in it.

So here we are, excitement building, a new car is within touching distance, I'm loving a final drive in my good old faithful motor and very sad to be finally parting ways with it after 6 years of greatness. Into the dealership, there's the car, all covered up, plated up, taxed and waiting to be revealed, pen in hand - ready for the big hand over - and that's when the wheels fell off (not literally though! ;)).

I'm not sure what caused the most surprise. Was it the fact that the dealer had only just realised today, after 3 months in the making? Or was it finding out for first time that somehow, somewhere a monumental ****-up had been made and quite simply someone had built the wrong car.

Let me say that again. The wrong car. Correct colour, correct interior, nice leather, correct options, wrong trim. Order says Veloce, car says Lusso. Looked lovely, just not my car, which I ordered! :wow:

Long protracted, let's say a 'little heated', discussions occur and an agreement was reached, I don't think it would be fair to be too negative about the car, the salesman or the dealers as I think I've calmed down considerably and a mutually beneficial situation was reached [details withheld I'm afraid in the interests of all parties].

So there we have it, I'm an Alfa owner now, although not quite in the way I'd have envisaged it; in terms of names then, I guess this one is going to be called Avis the Alfa. ;)

So hopefully, only around 12 weeks left to go now until I get my Mito, start the count down (again!). :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Don't go for the heated windscreen option, it is a play of words and isn't really...all it is you will find is a small part of the windscreen which is alledgely heated using the rear heater demister button to stop the windscreen wipers freezing to the screen in the winter....worst £250 ever spent....you would think it was like the Ford heated screen, but it isn't :-( a big con instead.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Is that 'wrong trim' as in definitely not the right bits stuck on your car, or 'wrong trim' as in just the wrong words on the V5 (which is a common, but not disastrous error I understand)..?
No mate, I really mean it is a Lusso car, wrong wheels, lack of toys, you get the gist! :)

I wouldn't have minded so much if they'd have accidentally built me a Veloce spec 159!

Ouch mate, that sucks! Was it the correct engine but wrong trim level?

Hope the new 12 week wait is worth it.

GK
Yes, which is probably what grates a bit to be honest, it's so nearly right!

I'm sure the wait will be worth it, after all, I've still got a Mito! :D

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hope you got a good deal on the correct car!
That kinda my worse nightmare, there is a car there but not the one I ordered. You have my sympathy.

GK

·
Registered
165 Posts
I can't imagine how you must have felt, that really is a ****-up of the highest order!

I bet that was one handover the salesman was not looking forward to...glad you got it sorted though, and managed to get some decent bits of 'compensation' thrown in!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
ops thats rubbish! i trust you have been suppied with the "wrong" car to keep you going till the correct one is made and delivered......could the dealer have been hoping you would not spot it was the wrong trim

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thats really not good :rolleyes: but I really can sympathise with you on this one.

Last year my dad ordered his new Skoda Fabia (on motability) Four months after ordering it the car arrived and the day came to collect it (the car was a month later than scheduled but apparently build to order). We get there and the salesman goes through the paperwork and takes us to the vehicle to hand it over to us. Hmmm, slight issue........wrong colour interior trim colour. My dad and I decided that it wasn't a massive issue as it still looked ok and all was well. Started the car, drove it home and have to say, we felt a little disappointed as it seemed noisier than expected for a 1.4 petrol. I decided to check the car over, opened the bonnet and found a 1.2 3 cylinder (hair dryer). Not our car !!! :rant: The salesmans reaction on the phone was priceless tho :lol: To cut a long story short, we got it sorted all ok but it was a major headache sorting it with motability although the dealer was great about it and it was the dealer principal who had totally messed the order up.

Just a word of caution..........we had massive hassles with the insurance as it wasn't the car it was meant to be so the insurance was invalid and as it wasn't the right car, motability wouldn't insure us on it. I know your situation is very different from dealing with what it effectively a lease company but just make sure your insurance knows you are driving a Lusso and not a Veloce otherwise technically the insurance could be deemed invalid ??........its worth checking if you haven't already.

I hope you are soon it YOUR Mito ;)

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Don't go for the heated windscreen option, it is a play of words and isn't really...all it is you will find is a small part of the windscreen which is alledgely heated using the rear heater demister button to stop the windscreen wipers freezing to the screen in the winter....worst £250 ever spent....you would think it was like the Ford heated screen, but it isn't :-( a big con instead.
But at least heat rises :p

Bootsock - sorry to hear of the cockup, hope you got something out of them? maybe a free superguard lol

Hope your new delivery date arrives fast :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are ALL Alfa dealers s**t? :confused: Seriously, how do you order the wrong car in?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But who's to say you aren't??? If you asked the dealer in question within this thread what happened they'd probably state how they were very sorry, but not face up to the very blatant fact that they are in actual fact: S**t.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
fair enough, well i know i do my up most to try and keep a customer happy :p all the evidence is allover here :)

I'm guessing you've had bad dealer experiences?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fair enough, well i know i do my up most to try and keep a customer happy :p all the evidence is allover here :)

I'm guessing you've had bad dealer experiences?
Nah none whatsoever mate, :lol:

From what I've seen Jase you are a nice bloke, so I'm not knocking you at all pal.

I just don't understand how **** ups of such magnitude can occur is all.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Nah none whatsoever mate, :lol:

From what I've seen Jase you are a nice bloke, so I'm not knocking you at all pal.

I just don't understand how **** ups of such magnitude can occur is all.
Thanks :D, Very true, but i guess the same as above this, as long as they undo their mistake and Bootsock is happy in the end :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts