121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Yes you can read but not make changes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had an ODB interface that I used on another car, MES recognized it so I ended up buying the license. Reading works fine, I do get an error about ISO. I need to read a bit more about MES, I’m hoping there’s a way to read all info and log it in a text file
Thanks for the help guys

S.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I get an ISO error when connecting to the Engine module even with Multiplex adaptor. Works fine for read and clear though.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
... I’m hoping there’s a way to read all info and log it in a text file ...
You connect to the ECU of interest, select the parameters of interest, start on the graph page, collect as much data as you wish, stop and then export on the graph page. You get a csv file which will import into Excel. I've collected over an hour of data this way.
One limitation of MES is that you can only connect to, and hence log data for, a single ECU at a time. I'd like to collect data from ECM1 and ECM2 simultaneously.

I get an ISO error when connecting to the Engine module even with Multiplex adaptor. Works fine for read and clear though.
With MES 4.5.0.0 Multiplex I'm no longer getting ISO errors with my March 2017 Quadrifoglio, but I still get ISO errors with my 2014 MiTo QV. It doesn't seem to cause a problem using the MES though.
There are firmware updates for the CANtieCAR device, but I think it's out of date data in MES itself which cause the ISO error messages.
Andy

·
Registered
14 Posts
You connect to the ECU of interest, select the parameters of interest, start on the graph page, collect as much data as you wish, stop and then export on the graph page. You get a csv file which will import into Excel. I've collected over an hour of data this way.
One limitation of MES is that you can only connect to, and hence log data for, a single ECU at a time. I'd like to collect data from ECM1 and ECM2 simultaneously.
Thanks Andy, this helps. I was using a tool called VCDS on Audi and this one had an Auto Scan function that would get generic data (name, software, date, version, manufacturer etc) including details on any faults from all the modules in the car. I found that very useful. Get in the car, do Auto Scan, log in a file, then get back inside and read at your own pace.

·
Premium Member
7,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Thanks Andy, this helps. I was using a tool called VCDS on Audi and this one had an Auto Scan function that would get generic data (name, software, date, version, manufacturer etc) including details on any faults from all the modules in the car. I found that very useful. Get in the car, do Auto Scan, log in a file, then get back inside and read at your own pace.
MES does have the "SCAN DTC" option on the main page, which scans all available modules for errors, and "SCAN" to detect all visible modules.....

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Just checked IBS charge status after car has been to dealer for HRW not working. Looks like they only charged the battery. Only 75% charge after reaching home and dropped to 67% after playing about in car for half hour. Both HRW and SS working though. Will see it goes. BCM version is still 724 so don't think that was updated.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts