Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just saw there is a new version of MES ;)
https://www.multiecuscan.net/

Not too much new for the giulia I think....

26/09/2019 - Multiecuscan 4.5 Download
- Added information for more ISO codes from 2014-2019 vehicles
- Added support for Jeep Cherokee 2.0 Multijet
- Added support for Jeep Renegade 1.6 16V
- Added new PROXI configuration options for most 2015+ vehicles
- Fixed incorrect adapter connection to Uconnect Radio/Nav (500X, Tipo, Renegade)
- Fixed compatibility for some ELM interfaces
- Support for Bosch EDC17C69 CF6 Diesel Injection (2.0) (Cherokee)
- Support for Instrument Panel (KL) (Cherokee)
- Support for Bosch ABS/ESP (Cherokee)
- Support for Body Computer Marelli (KL) (Cherokee)
- Support for CAN Setup / PROXI Alignment Procedure (KL) (Cherokee)
- Support for TRW climate control (Automatic) (Cherokee)
- Support for Comfort seat and wheel (CSWM) Continental (Cherokee)
- Support for Parking control Bosch (Cherokee)
- Support for Electronic Gear Shift Module (500X, Renegade)
- Support for Electronic Gear Shift Module (Tipo, Egea)
- Support for Automotive Lighting adaptive headlights (Giulietta)
- Support for Magneti Marelli IAW 9GF CF6/EOBD Injection (1.6) (Renegade)

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do you think its not worth upgrading?
Not my call ;)
I usually update to the latest version, as it's free first year of your subscription anyway and don't know what bugfixes etc were implemented.
Pure from a view of functionalities, you might as well stick with the previous version for now.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Not sure but I think it has some features about the AA/Carplay activation

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Just saw there is a new version of MES ;)
https://www.multiecuscan.net/

Not too much new for the giulia I think....

26/09/2019 - Multiecuscan 4.5 Download
- Added information for more ISO codes from 2014-2019 vehicles
- Added support for Jeep Cherokee 2.0 Multijet
- Added support for Jeep Renegade 1.6 16V
- Added new PROXI configuration options for most 2015+ vehicles
- Fixed incorrect adapter connection to Uconnect Radio/Nav (500X, Tipo, Renegade)
- Fixed compatibility for some ELM interfaces
- Support for Bosch EDC17C69 CF6 Diesel Injection (2.0) (Cherokee)
- Support for Instrument Panel (KL) (Cherokee)
- Support for Bosch ABS/ESP (Cherokee)
- Support for Body Computer Marelli (KL) (Cherokee)
- Support for CAN Setup / PROXI Alignment Procedure (KL) (Cherokee)
- Support for TRW climate control (Automatic) (Cherokee)
- Support for Comfort seat and wheel (CSWM) Continental (Cherokee)
- Support for Parking control Bosch (Cherokee)
- Support for Electronic Gear Shift Module (500X, Renegade)
- Support for Electronic Gear Shift Module (Tipo, Egea)
- Support for Automotive Lighting adaptive headlights (Giulietta)
- Support for Magneti Marelli IAW 9GF CF6/EOBD Injection (1.6) (Renegade)
I upgraded to 4.5 today and used it with my Quadrifoglio without any difficulty.

On the basis of a DTC scan, I've been unable to detect any changes in 4.5 relating to my car. MES is still showing the same 7 ECUs as UNKNOWN/UNSUPPORTED.

A bit disappointing as we've been waiting since March for this upgrade. Perhaps Cherokee owners have more benefit.

Andy

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I couldn't find them, but who knows ;)

Proxi...adjusm.... external media ports....USB and so on... you have options for single usb... double usb... and so on.

·
Registered
820 Posts
is it equivalent of enabling with Witech or it is only proxi preparation for later Witech activation(which for some reason your car did not needed, but on others guys attempts such easy path locked AA possibility nonetheless of brand new radios)?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I think it is only proxi activation but I am not sure....

My Stelvio needed the witech activation in the ETM module.

Will try maybe next week to activate the AA in that other Stelvio, where witech says activated by AA doesn't work...so maybe we will succeed with proxi.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I need to enable ACC+ using MultiECUscan now that I have a new steering wheel with this button. I have found the guide on the US forum where someone has done it. It also appears we can enable 'Auto' high beam function. Has anyone done this?

My main question is what MES subscription do I get, the 50EUR one or the multiplexed version? For ACC+ to work it appears comms with various modules are required. Any tips will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I need to enable ACC+ using MultiECUscan now that I have a new steering wheel with this button. I have found the guide on the US forum where someone has done it. It also appears we can enable 'Auto' high beam function. Has anyone done this?

My main question is what MES subscription do I get, the 50EUR one or the multiplexed version? For ACC+ to work it appears comms with various modules are required. Any tips will be appreciated.
As you've probably already seen, with the Giulia if using an 'ELM' type OBD device you need adaptor A5 and A6 to have control of the full range of ECUs. See attached from the MultiECUScan site.

I've never needed to do a proxy alignment, but went several years ago straight from the free MES version to the Multiplex version which avoids need for any adaptors. I don't regret that decision.

Whilst I believe you can do everything to the Giulia with the 50Euro version, so long as you have an ELM or equivalent device and A5 and A6 adaptors, I'd suggest that the Multiplex is more convenient and worth the extra.

However, if you have a late Giulia with the SGW embuggerance, you'll need a SGW bypass whichever MES solution you adopt.

Good luck
Andy
Giulia MES.png

·
Registered
175 Posts
I believe these are the differences

"Multiplexed" interface? What's the difference?
With our more basic MultiECUScan bundle package you get 2 interface cables and 3 adaptor leads, so depending on the vehicle and system you are connecting to you, you may need to plug in different cables and adaptors.

The "CanTieCar" multiplexed interface cable supplied with this package is able to communicate with ALL* the control modules supported by the MultiECUScan.net software with a single cable - no more need for adaptor cables:
(* - Pre-1999 vehicles with 3-pin port will still require a 3-pin adaptor)
  • The software tells the cable which pins on the diagnostic port it needs to connect to for each module, without the need to switch cables or plug in any adaptors.
  • The cable includes a USB flash drive with the USB device drivers and MultiECUScan software installer ready to go.
  • The cable supports connection via either USB or bluetooth!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Thanks @Andy Bowden and rjc147. I will probably get the Multiplexed version based on the reasoning that it will pay for itself and save dealer trips in the long run and the fact that the 50EUR version will still need a compatible cable + 2 adaptors, the whole setup costing ~100EUR. For twice the cost and ease or use/reliability, multiplex sounds better especially doing proxi alignments.

Has anyone enabled auto high beam using MES? I can't find any posts on how to do this.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You will be the first.....:)

When running MES select Body->CAN Setup Proxi Alignment->Adjustments

There are a list of settings one of which is Auto high Beam (Enable/Disable or Present/Not Present)

But when selected it warns you with the following text;

"This function can enable/disable the functioning of the automatic high beam function. The function will only work on vehicles equipped with FCW camera.
You have to enable or disable both settings: Auto high beam and Auto high beam indicator.
PLEASE NOTE: You have to execute the PROXI Alignment procedure after changing this value! Otherwise your vehicle will not accept the changes."

So do you have the FCW

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
"This function can enable/disable the functioning of the automatic high beam function. The function will only work on vehicles equipped with FCW camera.
You have to enable or disable both settings: Auto high beam and Auto high beam indicator.
PLEASE NOTE: You have to execute the PROXI Alignment procedure after changing this value! Otherwise your vehicle will not accept the changes."

So do you have the FCW
Yes I do have FCW as well as Radar which is the requirement to enable ACC+. I believe all UK cars have FCW - Forward Collision Warning and Radar. I will try this first before ACC+ once I purchase MES Multiplex.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thanks @Andy Bowden and rjc147. I will probably get the Multiplexed version based on the reasoning that it will pay for itself and save dealer trips in the long run and the fact that the 50EUR version will still need a compatible cable + 2 adaptors, the whole setup costing ~100EUR. For twice the cost and ease or use/reliability, multiplex sounds better especially doing proxi alignments.

Has anyone enabled auto high beam using MES? I can't find any posts on how to do this.
My Quadrifoglio came with auto high beam as standard and I am very pleased (and somewhat surprised) how good it is.
As others have said it uses the FCW camera to function.
The unknown, to me, is whether it is available with all headlight configurations. Certainly, it is a available with the 35W Xenons.
Andy

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Auto high beam is only available as standard with 35W Xenons which also have the adaptive lights (turns with steering angle). The US forum member who enabled Auto HB appears to be 25W Xenons (which mine is).

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
OK, I downloaded MES 4.5 free version and played with the simulation modes to see what options are available in each module. Looks like I have figured out how to enable ACC+ and auto high beam. With this confidence I have ordered MES multiplex from their website direct at just over £200 inc. shipping and Cantiecar interface. There are number of other adjustments and monitoring options for detailed fault finding so I am sure this will repay itself over time. I did not get a licence key during purchase though with which I can enable my free version into full version. Will this be emailed separately or do I to have install the MES software they will send in the USB stick instead?

1 - 20 of 129 Posts