Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a test drive of the new merc B Series 180 Sport at the weekend.

It was quite impressive, a bit of tyre noise in the back, but I think the SE version would be quieter.

It had the DCT gearbox which seemed to work perfectly. For some reason I thought thatthe diesel engines were not mercedes own? Is that correct ...?

:)

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
It's hideous.The exterior door panels are like nothing on earth except perhaps the back of a hand.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
My dad had one for about a year; he couldn’t wait to get rid from day one after his previous C class but my step mum wanted it. After a year he managed to convince her to get a CLC and is happy again.

He really wasn’t impressed with the belt driven auto gearbox.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dad had one for about a year; he couldn’t wait to get rid from day one after his previous C class but my step mum wanted it. After a year he managed to convince her to get a CLC and is happy again.

He really wasn’t impressed with the belt driven auto gearbox.
That was the old model with CVT gearbox, this was the new one we drove available for delivery next month, with a DCT like the new Alfa Dual Clutch gearbox... superb... anyway it looks like she will end up getting a Yeti as they are much better value for money and she is happy with the Yeti at the moment.

Tried out a Saab 9-3 as well it seemed very old fashioned in comparison... poor Saab used to be such avantgarde type motors... totally shafted by GM.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Thats the one; I saw a new shape B class on Tuesday and have to say it looks loads better.

One of the reasons he pushed my step mum for the change was that as soon as the new shape hits the road his would have plummeted in value.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem with Mercs and BM's for that matter is the designers seem to forget when to put the pencils down

"Just another Swathe line here Gunther, that'll do... No another one her...almost done....":rolleyes:
Nissan are the worst culprit for that I reckon... look at the Juke .. they should have quit drawing that before they picked up their (virtual) pencils...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts