Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys been a member for a while just got new pc and broadband so can now surf/chat without damm thing crashing every 5 secs.
Own a red 156 v6(pics coming soon),this is now the 7th ive owned,
Sud,33,75,155 two 164s now 156.
The sud was my 1st car and stayed faithfull to alfa ever since.
Been a mixture of heartbreak and happiness over the years but I still will not be moved.
Nothing made in Germany or Japan interests me and you can forget about France.
I live in the Southend area and am surrounded by the Scooby,Evo and beemer brigade.Overrated,overpriced,poor styling just plain boring and uninspiring to me and im sure most of you guys feel the same.
Found a great website called youtube.com,(you may of already heard of it)and found some great alfa videos on it well worth a look.
The 156 is running fine(touch wood),few minor niggles but then it wouldnt be an alfa if it was perfect.
Any alfa owners in this area?

H

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AO Dave :D

I'm sure there's a few fellow Alfisti in Essex they'll be along to welcome you soon ;)

Quite a stable you've had :cool:

Oh boy have we heard of you tube :lol:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Dave Piatto said:
I live in the Southend area and am surrounded by the Scooby,Evo and beemer brigade.... Any alfa owners in this area?
Hi Dave, welcome to the AO forum. You can check out the members map and add yourself too.

:)

·
Super Moderator
60,034 Posts
Hi Dave, glad you have your computer connection working again, sounds like you've got the alfa bug real bad:), keep on posting:)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hello Dave. Welcome to AO. Am in total agreement with you re. Beemers, Evos and Scoobies. Isn't it nice to drive something thats not ten a penny on the road?
You're experience with Alfas will be a great help to novices like me, so stick around! Cheers!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO Dave :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for you replies,will check out members map.
Love the pics of happymans gtv cup a real stunning Alfa.
I miss the 3.0 v6 24v in my old cloverleaf but at 152k miles it became a bottomless pit financially.The 2.5 v6 is still a great peformer but i do miss that kick in the back acceleration.2.5 does have a sweeter sound though and with less weight than the 164 to lug around less torque steer closes the gap a bit.Must be awesome int the gtv.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi 147virgin
Cheers for reply.Will be sticking around alright.
Hope 147s running fine.
Yeh owned a few alfas so take no notice of the idiots who talk c**p when undermining Alfas, im sure your 147 will give you many miles enjoyment.
My 156 is ace i wouldnt change it for anything less than a Masser or a Ferrari a GTA would be nice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi alfarmus
Cheers for reply.
Added myself to multimap.
Love pics of you Brera,bet its a real adrelalin rush to drive.
Please reply and let me know what its like as you can probably tell im a real alfajunky.
DAVE.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Dave Piatto said:
Please reply and let me know what its like as you can probably tell im a real alfajunky.
In two words... Mean and Sexy ;)

In fact, coming back from a mates house this evening, I pulled up at the lights next to a police car and the nice policeman smiled at me and 'encouraged me' to "give it a go", so to speak. Well, needless to say, I obliged and burned his Astra right up on the green (whilst not actually exceeding the speed limit of course!). :D

Not too many cars that you'll get that with! :inlove:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

V

·
0 Posts
Welcome mate, I love alfas infact alot of cars ;) but iam part of the scoob brigade as well ;) and the American brigade :D

PS quite a few alfa owners have a scoob for shopping trips lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts