Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Just registered having browsed on the site earlier and come across many Q&As of interest! I bought an Alfa GT 1.9JTD back in May and I still love it - won't even enter the love-hate debate about this model, clearly it's another Marmite scenario :).

Can anyone provide recommendations on the type of oil to use as mine needs topping up - I called my dealer who recommended a Selenia Racing Oil available through them but I live miles away...surely I can find this oil or equivalent near my home in a local petrol station?

Also - are there any female members out there? And is it actually politically correct for a woman to own a GT??? Don't mean to start a whole debate here but all comments I came across on the site were from men, surely there must be other GT female fans like me out there??? :)
Look forward to replies from both male and female members!

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
Hi mate, welcome to the site :)

There are quite a few ladies on AO, all very knowledgeable about Alfas!

Regarding oil, please have a search through the threads, as there has been plenty of discussion on this topic :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was quick! Hi and thanks for the reply ! will have a browse through threads re: oil question and will look forward to intros from other members!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO LNW :)

There is another lady GT owner on here..... ;)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome on board LNW,

I hope that you will really appreciate the full expertise provided by very enthusiast Alfa lover here.

All the Best,

Fabrice

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the welcome notes (and glad to hear I am not the only female GT fan out there)!

Since my first message I have looked up previous threads re: oil question...which proved very useful given that:
- the dealer I bought my car from indicated they use the Selenia Racing oil and refused to recommend anything else...
- the Alfa Romeo official customer services line were unable to provide an answer (was not on their database apparently!!!????) which was rather worrying...
- my car manual's recommendation is the Selenia WR oil
- another dealer I contacted in Berkshire indicated that whilst they used the Selenia oil, any decent 10W-40 grade oil should do indeed...!!

Look forward to further tips and news from you all...

·
Premium Member
77,123 Posts
hiya

i just make sure i buy the bessie oil i can get my hands on

i was definitely tempted by the selenia propaganda - but I guess that Golfs, Ladas & Zastavas's were always born with some stuff in there!

anyhoo.....I do agree with the feeling that it is confusing - like if I buy magnatec will it screw up the selenia that is already in there?

i did once have a cavalier that I topped up with coffee............

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hiya - that made me laugh...I think I'll draw the line at the coffee idea and stick to any decent 10W-40 grade oil I can get my hands on and top it up with that ! Chances are it won't be a Selenia so fingers crossed my GT is into cocktails and won't mind the mix!!...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts