Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am a new member of this group I actually have a volvo parts business in Nova Scotia Canada and recently I purchased three Alfa Romeo's all are 164 1991 L 1991 S and a 1994 LS . I drove one a number of years ago my mechanic's who is Italian he actually enjoys working on the cars so to try something different I got them . So far they seem fairly simple to work on and the nice things there are none around except for a few spyders. They are 5 speed except for the 94 . the first one is a black 1991 L and we have been tinkering with it the past couple of days. When we got it started the check engine light was one but it seemed to run allright the code came up 1251 ecu faulty. I did notice in the owners manuals there was a computer chip inside a plastic box and if it was changed do they have to flash the chip up before it is installed maybe this was not done.but mostly where is the best place to get parts. Which would be considered dealer items ,and if I figure outhow to use this forum i will post pictures thanks for taking me in Peter

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hi Peter and welcome !! :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Welcome. :)

The last AOer who moved from Ontario to Nova Scotia disappeared never to be heard from again, so all I can say is watch out for those lobsters, they must eat AOers. ;) :D

I don't know of anybody close by you. The Montreal chapter of the owners club seems pretty active and seems to have lots of local sources for parts, but I haven't made any transactions with them.
--Toronto

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome on board Coldstart,

I hope that you will really appreciate the full expertise provided by very enthusiast Alfa lover here.

All the Best,

Fabrice :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the reception I have just spend the last three days working on a donated car I brought up from Florida the previous owner must have had a monkey for a mechanic. there were more things unattached and bolts missing and to top it off they had an old american butterfly nut from a breather through the shifter bushing, three transmission bolts gone and the bracket for the filler neck missing so it was scraping againest the tire. I am going to assume the fuel pump went and they put one outside the tank and some rinky dink filtre. but no rust and all the brakes are good and it will take about 14 hours to clean the interior. I did take it for a shory spin and even with its neglect I can see what a nice car it will be .Can't wait for the rest to arrive thanks again peter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts