Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My next company car is on order - a black 159 Sportwagon. Should have it mid November. Just tthough I'd say hello to everyone and aslo ask a question. Which are the best Alfa dealers around the Manchester / Cheshire area?

H

·
0 Posts
Hi Rusty and welcome
Mangoletsi are the best Used Calidonia in Warrington don't rate them.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Rusty,

Welcome to AO,

You will make some envious colleagues at work.

Great choice of car and I hope you will like it a lot. I have not seen a single 159 SW in the UK so far (perhaps because it is that new) so you will certainly attract lots of eyes when you drive it.

Also I had the opportunity to have a 159 saloon when I rented a car in France couple of months ago. I immediately loved it:super drive, great kick, lovely noises, even if the motor was a GM one...

...but I had some technical troubles with it as well (Oh no, not again!):

The driver's door stuck on opening as both front and rear doors were not correctly fitted: I needed both hands on the handle and a great yank to get the door open from the outside and a good bash with your shoulder from the inside.

Also both rear electric windows opened whilst parked overnight and I couldn’t get them closed again. I might not have minded if it hadn’t been pouring with rain during my 200 miles back to the rental agency.

But let's give Alfa the benefit of the doubt because, when a new car model arrives on the market, most of the non fully approved pre-series end up in the Rental companies car park...

All the Best, I am excited for you.

Fabrice

·
Registered
11 Posts
Greetings.
I have an Alfa Red SW on order, due end of Nov. Also a company car.
Can't wait to get behind the wheel, although my wife thinks that I am a sad b**tard for keeping on talking about it. What does she know eh?

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Also meant to say - I wouldn't recommend Caledonia in Salford for servicing! Couldn't set my steering wheel straight again after using their local Kwikfit to change my tyres! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got back from holiday so appologies if you thought I was ignoring you. The nearest Mangoletsi to me is Knutsford / Mobberley but there's nowhere to park - the place is an absolute nightmare. Just wondered who else to try in the area.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hi rusty !! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts