Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With invariably a couple of questions!

But first, currently have a Lexus IS300 as my daily and after owning a 145 Cloverleaf a few years ago I'm now contemplating getting a Spider for the summer.

And here come the questions....

I know I should buy on condition rather than age/price so I'd be grateful for some advice.

Car one- 98 Model, needs some TLC, roof ~(electic) isnt working, has an aftermarket exhaust (which the dealer says is a bit loud), fully upgraded audio set up, belts etc replaced last year -needs some overall tidying but not an issue for me .

Car two- 00 Model- very tidy, everyhing works as it should and had a replacement engine last year ( I suspect Cam belt failure), but is £700 more than car one.

I'm thinking from a project perspective that car one will need some work but 'could' be better value, but has a couple of unknowns-roof etc, whereas Car " needs no work but costs more- does that make sense?? Both have lots of history, MOT etc-

Its going to be a second (third) car for the summer, then I'll probably give it to my mother.

So guys, what would you go for??

Cheers,

J

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO......:thumbs:
It's your money, your choice. You haven't given much to go on like mileage, leather/cloth interior, general overall condition of body/paint.....

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Saluti, Giordano.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts