Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
selespeed said:
Please don't drop the L on this one :D
I only saw this today!!! :eek: But I wont drop any L! :lol: Promiss! :D ;)

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I know, I know....I've had more comebacks to this board than Lulu... :D

But, I promise that being a tease wasn't my motivation this time round - sheesh, if only...

It all started when we moved into new offices on 8th November....and discovered that there was no network in place and only one dial-up point. This resulted in myself and 7 other Consultants all vying for 'on-line' time, and averaging about 1 hour/day each (which I had to dedicate to work, unfortunately...)

On top of that, my home desktop had (and indeed still has) a virus. As such, I'm afraid to go on-line with it, in case I inadvertantly transfer my personal fortune ( ;) ) into some scummy hacker's Swiss bank account.

Lastly, I was in hospital for 6 days, and have been feeling a bit poorly since I got out, hence not spending any time on my lap-top.

So there! That's why I haven't been about for a while (and I hope you feel like a big rotter for suggesting that I was teasing :tut: ;) )

One the car front, there've been some MAJOR developments (mostly due to the ineptitude of the UK AR Dealer network :mad: ) However, I am still taking delivery of a new car in January, and, once I get it, I'll fill you all in on what went on over the last couple of weeks. Don't ask me any more, as I'm now feeling a bit supersticious about even talking about my new car - I think I jinxed myself already :(

Anyway, I'm pretty-much housebound for another 3 weeks or so (not allowed to drive for 6 weeks after my op!!! :eek: ), so I will be about and posting my usual level of drivel and tosh :D

Toodle-pip, kiddos!

- Lips

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
oh. I feel just awful about hassling you now......

:(

Hope you are feeling better now. I'm sure a few weeks on AO will do you the world of good (either that or drive you so crazy that you will be crawling back to work just to get away from us :D ;) )

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
... hope you get well soon :) ... laughter is the best medicine (or just smiling depending on type of Op :) )... so stick around and spread some of you wit ere ;)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
How you feeling now UL ... better I hope :)

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Yes, I'm fine thanks - getting better every day :) I'm not quite fit enough to be out and about doing things yet though, and I'm still not allowed to drive, so I'm fairly B-O-R-E-D. The visits from the District Nurse are the highlight of my day... :rolleyes:

I haven't even been able to surf much as my (home) computer has died, so I'm averaging a novel a day (just read Da Vinci Code and Angels/Demons by Dan Brown - v. good :) )

However, my new computer arrives soon... :)

- Lips

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Glad to hear that you're feeling better :)... take it easy and don't try rushing the healing process. A Novel a day :eek: ... I bet that would give you a good source of ideas to use on here then ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Gorsh, how did I miss this? :( Marg I really wish you get better soon!!! I'm so sorry to hear that you had to go to the nife but I'm hoping for you that everything will turn definitly for better!!! :)

kisses from Hugo :)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Lips Lucozade aids recovery or so they say Personally I'd have a Bloody Mary and turn the Hi-Fi up loud when you play Runrig ;) :D

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
UnpredictableLips said:
Runrig, my @ss! :tut: :p

- Lips
Next you'll be telling us you don't like " Donald where's ye trousers"
I am reminded of an old phrase the missus uses " Do you think I sailed up the Clyde on a Water Biscuit" :D
Best Scottish Group ? Yes dig out the tarten flares for Bay City Rollers :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Steve20 said:
Next you'll be telling us you don't like " Donald where's ye trousers"
I am reminded of an old phrase the missus uses " Do you think I sailed up the Clyde on a Water Biscuit" :D
Best Scottish Group ? Yes dig out the tarten flares for Bay City Rollers :D
I recently recieved a photo from the UK showing several Scots military personel sitting next to the Queen .......and one of them is definitely not wearing trousers......or a jockstrap.....
Infact he was displaying his "man hood" in public :D

I wonder if he is on the Honours list for exposing his right honourable member ;) :D :cheese:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Stori said:
I recently recieved a photo from the UK showing several Scots military personel sitting next to the Queen .......and one of them is definitely not wearing trousers......or a jockstrap.....
Infact he was displaying his "man hood" in public :D

I wonder if he is on the Honours list for exposing his right honourable member ;) :D :cheese:
Could almost be a sketch from Carry on Up the Khyber :D

61 - 80 of 80 Posts