Alfa Romeo Forum banner

New MAF needed.

594 10
Happened last night while rushing to meet the rest of my family for dinner, after all that brutal heat of the trains and the tube into and out of London. :(

First I thought i had run out of petrol, so had to trek to the nearest petrol station ...... in that heat around 6.30, filled a can and got her to the station stuck 50 quid in there and made my way into St. Albans only for it to conk out again at a set of lights and wouldn't re-start other than 2 seconds after ignition. :cry: (also why is there a need to abuse anyone at the side of the road is beyond me and was really getting me going as well :mad: ). So had to call out road side assistance (handily added RAC cover to my bank account :thumbs: ) they plug in and diagnose the MAF. So he teased off the sensor just above my induction kit and hey presto she fires up and I can at least limp home tired hungry and ****ed off.

Cost of a MAF.....aprox 170 plus fitting. (that's about right isn't it chaps?) :confused:

Having said all this, I haven't had anything really go wrong with her so all in all she is still my bella :inlove: even if I did look sideways at her last night :rant:
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.