Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I've had some minor intermittent running issues with my 156 which I pinpointed as a problem with the MAF sensor, I took the old one off last night but unfortunately it must be a cheapy as there are no part numbers or any identifying marks, not even a make in order to replace like for like!

I went to my local motor factor this morning and brought a whole new genuine Bosch part (gave them the car details and they looked up the correct part on their system), sensor and body, fitted it just now and now it runs even worse than before, in fact it's almost undriveable under 2000 rpm!!!

What's going on? Is it worth doing the ECU reset procedure which I have read on here?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to add, the Bosch part number supplied is 0280218019 and my engine number is AR32201

Regards Fraser

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Ahh bugga :(

Part number is correct BTW - Alfa Romeo 156 Airflow Meters - was in phone mode & couldn't confirm yesterday

Try the reset, the stored parameters will relate to the old MAF AFAIK

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
yup try the reset as 1of1 said the ecu wont know its new and be using old settings........see if that works.........its free so nowt to loose

Gary

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha, ha thanks chaps, got there in the end and we have a happy ending! I carried out the reset procedure and all is now fine!

Thank you for your help! :)

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Nice one Fraser :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts