Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm collecting my first Alfa on Saturday. It is 2001 156 2.0 TS SW Turismo. The pull-out luggage cover is past it's best and I'd like to know if I have to buy a complete unit and whre is he cheapest place to do so?

Any pointers gratefully received thanks.

H

·
0 Posts
Whats wrong with the existing cover? Mine wouldnt retract properly but it was fixable.
I kept my eye (the beady one) on some that were on ebay but they went for a lot of money up to £150 depending on the type, one is just the pull out cover, the other has extra top and bottom vertical nets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It definately has the full variety of net arrangements. The retaining bar that runs across the cover is missing and the vinyl is peeling itself of the backing card too

·
Registered
30,033 Posts
The £200 price is for the one with the boot space cover and the net to the roof. That is the only load space cover listed in ePER for a 2001 SW.
There is also a net listed that goes to the floor for £120.

There are others listed for a 2002> SW, but I don't know if they fit a 2001 model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
David C said:
The £200 price is for the one with the boot space cover and the net to the roof. That is the only load space cover listed in ePER for a 2001 SW.
There is also a net listed that goes to the floor for £120.

There are others listed for a 2002> SW, but I don't know if they fit a 2001 model.
Sorry to be dim...... ePER?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would have thought that it will be MUCH cheaper and easier to repair the existing cover - a new rod from a metal merchants = prob about a fiver and reglue the vinyl - even sending to a coachtrimmers would prob be cheaper than the hassle of buying a replacement.

I have a new (to me) SW whose cover is missing and finding a replacement is proving a nightmare / too expensive. Let me know if you decide to do away with your existing cover!?

Cheers, James

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Having had 2 sportwagons i can say the the covers are indentical, the bottom net unbolts from the main unit, mine is off, i never use it and it gives more boot space.
The cover on my first (bran new) sportwagon fell apart after three months(never mistreated) and was replaced under warranty, the cover on my GTA was fraying when i bought it so i glued up the two ends where it was starting to go and its holding up well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
james f said:
I would have thought that it will be MUCH cheaper and easier to repair the existing cover - a new rod from a metal merchants = prob about a fiver and reglue the vinyl - even sending to a coachtrimmers would prob be cheaper than the hassle of buying a replacement.

I have a new (to me) SW whose cover is missing and finding a replacement is proving a nightmare / too expensive. Let me know if you decide to do away with your existing cover!?

Cheers, James
Will do James thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts