Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,992 Posts
It's not pretty but I wonder if that's important. I remember when the current taxi began replacing the old FX4. There were lots of end of the world comments at the time. I spent a large part of a summer working in London at the time and travelling in air conditioned comfort rather than some rattling deafening deathtrap was a revelation.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I'd rather get in that and feel safe than a clapped out Mondeo with a driver who doesn't know how to get to your destination without guidance, as found in many towns and cities. "Where you go"? "I'll go to Brexitshire please".

·
Registered
41,387 Posts

·
Registered
5,712 Posts

·
Registered
11,577 Posts
Honestly, the Mercs that the Germans have are a million times better than black cabs.
I doubt that they can achieve the same turning circle though reguired for London streets.
There are plenty of Mercedes Vito taxis in London. I think they have a rear-wheel steering mod to make the turning circle spec.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
As a passenger, getting into a whatever-class Merc at a German airport is a hell of a lot nicer than getting in a black cab rattle box. I'm not overly worried about the turning circle - hell, I've been been know to drive a GT in London which has the turning circle of a supertanker. Works fine.

Which is of course why Uber is so popular.

·
Registered
35,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Vito however looks like a "special ambulance" off to the undertakers though. Too much like a commercial vehicle, not that the faux TX Austin things look particularly good. That latest Chinese Volvo Geely looks Ok for people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts