Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The black backdrop on the old forum was perfect and made it very easy on the eye and good for seeing content.

Now the whites / pale greys are dreadful in comparison - anyone else feel the same ?

Can we not have black back :cry: ?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Just change the skin Mikey (through user options);)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
How do you mean:confused: Mine changed straight away! Easy to log out and in again if needed though:)
It goes black when I'm logged in. When I'm not logged in it is grey, when it used to be black. I can't always be bothered logging in and i have all cookie/files/history deleted every time the pc goes off. It would be nice if the default setting was balck.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The black backdrop on the old forum was perfect and made it very easy on the eye and good for seeing content.

Now the whites / pale greys are dreadful in comparison - anyone else feel the same ?

MIKEY i totally agree.
i know that a lot of work has been put into the changes on here, but i did not see anything wrong with the old site.
i have looked at the FAQ and i see no correct answers there.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
How do you move the avatars and membership info from the top of the post to the left hand side like it used to be? Is that an option. And, how do you get rid of the Last Three Posts thing? It seems to break up the flow of the thread.

·
Registered
384 Posts
box?

Just tick the box to remember you when you log in and the page will load with your settings (and you logged in).
iv ticked the box to remember me but my screen skin is still white.

on the old site the option box was on the botton left of the home screen, so where is it now anyone please?

·
Registered
384 Posts
i agree

How do you move the avatars and membership info from the top of the post to the left hand side like it used to be? Is that an option. And, how do you get rid of the Last Three Posts thing? It seems to break up the flow of the thread.
i agree with you also shaza.

R

·
0 Posts
It will stay white until you change the skin - but I can't remember how! I thought it was quick links and miscellaneous, but this has been greyed out and unavailable now.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Click on Profile (top left) and then click on edit options (far left/ half way down) you will then see a drop down box under the different skins. Click on Modern and then click save.:)

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Yes... I worked out how to change the skin and I'm getting used to the three last posts at the top of the message (though it makes it look like I've reached the bottom, when in fact I'm at the top) and I'm getting used to the Avatars and Signatures being under the post (cluttering up the flow) rather than to the left....

So what does the "re-design" actually do, that I didn't have before?

It seems the Forums have just been made more cluttered and difficult to use than they were previously. :confused:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
mmm looks dreadfull sorry

thank god i can change it back to black !.. the avatars are way to big still, i want to read comments not look at daft pictures and a load of nonsense

·
Registered
59 Posts

Sorry, don't agree at all, white text on black background is very hard on your eyes. Text should always be darker than the background, so the changes get the thumbs up from me. In any case, as pointed out, just change your own default and you'll be fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.