Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my two red keys has a broken microswitch on the circuit board.

1. Does anyone know how much it costs from the main stealer, to get a new circuit board remapped?

2. I was just going to buy a key off ebay similar to mine and use the board inside the key - would this be ok?

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
The immobiliser chip is in the circuit board, so that would need to be transferred.

Run a search or two on the forum and the prices should be available ... it ain't cheap! Plus you will find other threads on the subject.

The microswitch can be replaced if you can get the right one avoiding all the problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply, i did see replacement switches on ebay, its been a while since i soldered anything tho, i guess i can't break it anymore than it is already lol

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
One of the ebay guys is a 156 owner and rebuilds yours .. IIRC he's a member of this forum

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have got the same problem so if anyone has the details of the Ebay guy or a thread with the relevant info it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'll need two keys very shortly. One doesn't work the c/l as the switch is duff. The other key has the plastic shell broken and falls in two easily. Probably £240.:mad:

I wonder if I can make one good one from the two though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats what i did, one key had broken shell but worked and the other had duff circuit board but case intact, just took both apart and made one good key.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts