Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I recently had a brand new car-key coded to my car by Alfa romeo dealership in Leicester about a week ago. since then the door has been making a mechinical sound and wont lock, the passenger door locks and the alarm sets.

I took the car in to Alfa today and they had said they it had nothing to do with the key being coded and was not there fault and that its just a coincidence that the mechanism has broke. The door can still be locked manually with the key just not remotely.

Any ideas could this be anything to do with the key codeing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, just seems to odd to me tho. Everything was fine before I had the key coded (£70 just to code a key), comes out of the garage, starts making the noise and drivers door no longer locks using imobiliser.

Think im going to contact alfa romeo customer relations to see what they say, I don' expect something like this to go wrong on a 3 year old car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Because you can still lock manually with the key, I would say that the servo for the lock within the central locking system has gone faulty. Just coincidence, but not sure what the expected lifetime of that component should be. Agree should be more than 3 years though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts