Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

to anyone interested, after telling insurance company about ALL my mods, the premium only went up by £26, thats lowering, new exuast system, remap, wheel spacers, tinted windows, air filter.

not bad... however an extra £200 from when i got caught speeding at the start of the month!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last 2 years admiral, however my renewal was 1030, up from 577 last year so I shopped around and got a quote from elephant for 640, being 100% honest.

I think elephant gave me 10% forces discount, which is why it might be a bit cheaper

C

·
0 Posts
Might give them a try when mine's due next year although it's a bit lower than yours (being older has it's benefits). Which mob are you with?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
strangely admiral and elephant are the same company, eui insurance (so are diamond for the ladies) don't know how these companies arrive at a quote (think of a number and double it i suppose) :rant:

·
Registered
591 Posts
That was the same for me, my admiral renewal went up to £1000 but i phoned the and said elephant which is strangely a sister company quoted me £700. They swapped the price to match the elephant quote so i didnt end up swapping insurance companies :D

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm army cobolt, and yer I'm 24 with 6 points for speeding so it doesn't help..

The woman I spoke to at admiral ****ed me off so I canceled there and then even although she said they will match the price.

I'm sure you all know but if it helps then good, but when I add my mum to my insurance as a named driver it saved me 150 quid.

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
09 1.6 jtdm fully comp, all benefits= breakdown, courtesy car, liability etc etc
named driver ,3 points and 6 mods declared £339.00 :thumbs:

Internet based ~One Call Insurance

·
Registered
80 Posts
You think £3000 is expensive for insurance :O ...

Mines just under £3000 and thats cheap for me :D ...

Before i was paying 3500 on my focus ...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You think £3000 is expensive for insurance :O ...

Mines just under £3000 and thats cheap for me :D ...

Before i was paying 3500 on my focus ...
Christ on a bike :eek:

I didnt even pay that much on my Clio when i passed my test at first!

C

·
0 Posts
I've never paid more than £450 for insurance, mind you I've been driving for 20-odd years.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In 2011, i paid out a total of roughly £5200 just on insurance...
Road legal Quad,
KTM duke 125,
And my car!
Literally takes ALL my money :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
£5k on insurance :eek:

I was annoyed when mine went from £300 up to £320 this year :lol:
If my insurance was that cheap, I'd buy another 5 cars!! This is the problem i have, because i fork out so much on insurance, i don't have much left too spend on making the car unique :(

C

·
0 Posts
Have you tried these multicar policies? After all, you can only be driving/riding one vehicle at a time :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Not bad. Just dont ever go to Alfa Romeo for insurence. The quote I got from Admiral Multi-car for my Mito QV was 650 went on the Alfa site and got quoted....

...wait for it...

..£3,000:eek:
Alfa's Insurance has been good for me: just £238 for the year,
and only £2 more than the 1st year :thumbs:

However, I have been driving for over 42 years :p

Chris

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Alfa's Insurance has been good for me: just £238 for the year,
and only £2 more than the 1st year :thumbs:

However, I have been driving for over 42 years :p

Chris
See I've only been driving for 4 1/2 years, 22yrs old and have a medical restricted licence :( = expensive insurance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts