Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
We are about to buy our 1st Alfa it being a 147 Deisel. Our prefference would be a 3 door 6 speed 140bhp or is it 150:confused: realy not sure I go on 5 speed 0r 6 with the latter being the bigger BHP. The approx year is 2005/6 facelift period of which I have looked at two so far, the first I didn't study it to much but the second (160bhp guy told me:confused:) was realy heavy on the clutch the gear stick was stiff with massive moves to select and a fairly rattley engine:eek:
I work in engineering so I am not totally out my league but am I right to think that all used 70k milers are not all like this - or are they?

Going to have a good luck at a 06 115 brake tomorrow anyone got any pointers - should I hold out for the 6 speed 150?

I will take time to study as much on the site as I can but any other help would be appreciated.
:)

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
i have a 115bhp 147 on an 05 plate it's pre facelift ( which i personally prefer - each to their own obviously ) the clutch to me doesn't feel heavy at all and the gears are lovely and smooth and mine has 104k on the clock and going strong, it pulls like a train and feels easily a match to my brothers BMW 320 CD which is officially 150 bhp, the 115 bhp cruises nicely at 70ishmph ;) ;) averaging around 55mpg on a run and has plenty of power for zipping around town and motorway driving too

1 - 2 of 2 Posts