Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone in AlfaLand-

New here so bear with me.

On the cusp of committing to buy a 156 2.0 Turismo SportsWagon.
Black
FSH
Green ( I know I thought that too! ) seats
VGC
VERY good price.

PLEASE let me know any bad point I should beware of, or things I should look out for when I go for my second ( and last ) look.

What is the exact definition of Turissmo? And Veloce? Am I right to steer clear of Selespeeds?

I don't have a massive amount of money to keep throwing at a car if things go wrong. The only non-working thing on it is a rear passenger door window - which I suspect to be the motor. The rest is peachy.

cheers for your help!:)

Daytona

H

·
0 Posts
cambelts cambelts cambelts, make sure they have been changed, ideally every 36k/3years regerdless of what the book says, my (2001) needed a new radiator, front discs and pads at 50k. Check bushes. Variator noise, particularly at start up.

Even with a few problems I still think the car is great, im sure you will enjoy it too.....

.........but green seats......WTF?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sort of darkish velour type material - I wondered as well, but looked good in reality --- does it mean anything specific model wise?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Could you expand on all this - I'm new too Alfa's and am on a steep learning curve - what does a high spec Tourismo come with?

Also - probably not usual this, I didn't want leather seats.

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Basically, Turismo is the basic specification, which would tend to have velour seats and white dials. Then comes Lusso, the luxury option, which would have leather seats and a wooden steering wheel and gear knob. Finally comes Veloce, the sports option, which would have lowered suspension, side skirts and black dials.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can get lowering kits cant you - are they any good. Does this sharpen handling or is it mearly visual?

M

·
0 Posts
lots of good quality lowering kits on the market...my advice would be to use the search option up the top and see what you can find

all the best

:) :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts