Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I picked up a JVC KD-BT11 stereo. It looked grand but was fiddly to use and the handsfree was crap as the mike was built in and you couldn't add an external one. I'd been eyeing up the Kenwood kmr-m315bt but it's only available in the states as far as I could see and I couldn't justify the shipping or tax.
Anyway happened to be in the states for work and picked one up in a Best Buy in Bloomington, Indiana for $95. Gotta say I'm very happy. Sounds great, easy to use, hands free works great and it looks good (I think so anyway)
Here's the link to it, if you're looking to upgrade your current stereo I'd consider this.

Donal

Attachments

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I'm a bit surprised the radio works OK. I thought the US has different channel separation and stepping to Europe.

Maybe the chipset is smart enough to work it out.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a bit surprised the radio works OK. I thought the US has different channel separation and stepping to Europe.

Maybe the chipset is smart enough to work it out.
It's just a little different in the way that it tunes stations. It doesn't appear to pick up stations that use an even frequency, e.g. 106.6, but so far only one station that I listen to is affected so I can live with that.
I was put and about yesterday with the roof down and received a couple of calls. Everybody said the call quality was great. The display could be better, with the roof down and the sun shinning it's difficult to see but I think that's more to do with the shape of the console.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Most head units sold in the US are designed to work in Latin America as well which has the same frequency seperation as Europe. On the last one I bought from the US there was an option during setup to choose "US" or "South America" frequencies and the radio worked fine with the south america option so you might want to check the instruction manual!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts