Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Have recently got myself a 156, only had to wait 5 years, but well, I thought the wife was going to learn to drive so had a little nissan while that was supposed to happen - it didn't,:inlove: so finally got my lovely alfa, of course, it's having problems so I'm especially interested in diagnostics software and the like, when it broke down the other night I just looked at it there with it's hazard lights on and thought: if you weren't so pretty I'd be getting really annoyed just now, but I didn't.
If anyone has had experience of diagnostic software it would be really good to hear from you.

cheers

Mike

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Hello and welcome.
Search the threads, there have been several regarding diagnostics.
Better, make a post giving all the symptoms and circumstances.
And good luck!

M

·
0 Posts
yet another Mike...we are taking over !! welcome to AO dude...

all the best

:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all who replied, seems like a great community here !

At the moment my head hurts with all the info I'm trying to take in, but I'm on a steep learning curve with my new alfa.

The faults I've seen so far are:

generic and cylinder 2 ignition problem:
the garage replaced the spark plugs - not fixed but the fault may have changed a little, a Bosch web site says that there is a common fault - the coil developes a problem and messes up the Ecu, we'll see - they may just be trying to make some money fixing an Ecu, it has since been over taken by a more major drama-

I think this is the same as a previously posted fault where I lost hydraulics - woahhhhhh, steering heavy and breaks struggling - not good, when I slowed down I could hear the engine making a lot of noise - maybe hydraulic tappets or a completely goosed hydraulic pump.

It's in the local stealers garage this morning getting looked at, will let you all know how it goes

There's still a bit of warranty left, but yes, I know, they'll do everything they can to not pay out

cheers for now

Mikey156

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO Mikey, hope you get your bella sorted soon :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts