Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi one & all,
This is my 1st post on the forum.
I'm maybe changing cars soon, & need a 2+2 sized car. Thinking about a 3.2v6 GT.Fuel consumption is not too much of an issue, as I only cover 9-10k miles a year.
So, the usual questions, I'm afraid, for anybody willing to give advice to a potential Alfa GT owner. Reliability, poor dealer support etc. I seem to remember someone here saying that the front seats in the GT were uncomfortable. Anyone able to expand on that?
I think I would probably use Veloces in N.London for purchase & maybe servicing, looks like their prices/reputation are good. My nearest main dealer is in Chelmsford, Essex, or in Cambridge. Any good or bad reports on them?
Sorry if I'm asking you to go over issues that have been done to death,
cheers, matt.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Welcome to the family mate.:)
Do a search on here for Veloces, I recall there is some info on them, can't remember what though. Hope you love your Alfa.

Cal

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Welcome to AO.
The 3.2 GT is a great Car, engine isn't too heavy on fuel assuming you don't travel at rush hour too much.
Once you are going fast enough to allow the torque pull high gears consumption is pretty good.
You can average well over 30mpg on long trips.
I averaged 22 mpg for urban driving in a GTA, with a best of 37 mpg on a long trip (light traffic and being very well behaved :)).

The GT leather seats are superb, the best I have been in.
More usefully supportive than the 156 GTA ones.

Highly recommended, the 3.2 engine is sublime!

TB

manicatel said:
Hi one & all,
This is my 1st post on the forum.
I'm maybe changing cars soon, & need a 2+2 sized car. Thinking about a 3.2v6 GT.Fuel consumption is not too much of an issue, as I only cover 9-10k miles a year.
So, the usual questions, I'm afraid, for anybody willing to give advice to a potential Alfa GT owner. Reliability, poor dealer support etc. I seem to remember someone here saying that the front seats in the GT were uncomfortable. Anyone able to expand on that?
I think I would probably use Veloces in N.London for purchase & maybe servicing, looks like their prices/reputation are good. My nearest main dealer is in Chelmsford, Essex, or in Cambridge. Any good or bad reports on them?
Sorry if I'm asking you to go over issues that have been done to death,
cheers, matt.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trailbraker,
Thanks for that info. 70% of my driving is mway stuff, so anything around to high 20 to low 30 mpg is ok for me. I live out in the sticks, so not too much urban driving for me.
Thanks for all the cosy welcomes from you guys, very nice.
cheers, matt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts